New Zealand lodging

Old August 25th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wowunicycle

Default New Zealand lodging

so i really want to go to new zealand for the unicon, and im trying to
figure out costs and stuff, is there any way that i could just sleep
liek on someones floor while im out there to save a ton from what a
hotel would cost? that would really make it a possiblility to go

mark

--
wowunicycle
Old August 25th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Hey Mark!

Usually UNICON organization can provide a lodging!

In Denmark they asked about 100 dollars for all 10 days, to sleep in a
school. You had showers, kitchen and matters to sleep, you just need
one sleep bag.

Probably they will show all the prices in the middle of the next year.
You can join this service when you're registering for UNICON

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*

Brazilian Unicycling Team

Add me on 'FaceBook'
(http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1284254657)
Add me on 'MySpace'
(http://www.myspace.com/pedrotejada)
Old August 25th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

wowunicycle wrote:
so i really want to go to new zealand for the unicon, and im trying to
figure out costs and stuff, is there any way that i could just sleep
liek on someones floor while im out there to save a ton from what a
hotel would cost? that would really make it a possiblility to go

mark

[threadjack] were you at naucc? I remember seeing a wow unicycle club
from ohio i think? [end threadjack]

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5
Old August 25th 08, 08:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peter.bier

I don't know if the organisers will come up with some budget group
accommodation closer to the time but in the very worst case you could
stay at a backpackers. Wellington has plenty of them and if you don't
mind sleeping in a room with a bunch of strangers then you are looking
at about 17 USD a night.

--
peter.bier

-Peter Bier
Old August 25th 08, 10:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muzzle

From what I heard off the record, unicon organisers were thinking of
organising a group discount to have the lodging at hostels around the
city and basically just book out a large number of dorms in them rather
than doing the school thing. There is some advantages and disadvantages
of this.
The main disadvantage would be a slightly different atmosphere which is
enjoyed socialing with the various other groups in the classrooms.

At the cost of hostels in Wellington, vs the cost of setting up the
schools, and having a group discount for already cheap accomidation
there is obvoius reasons to go this way.

Being central, wellington will be an absolutely awesome unicon, and
being over new years will make it completely insane!

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr/unicycle/)
Old August 25th 08, 11:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
flyer

At the workshop they had at unicon 14, Ken was saying that they might
try to organize group discounts at 'backpackers' (I'm assuming this is
like a cheap hotel or hostel?), but that it was not likely there would
be group lodging such as we had at unicon 14.

--
flyer
Old August 25th 08, 12:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peter.bier

A "backpackers" is also known as a youth hostel in some parts of the
world. They usually have a variety of accommodation from single rooms
through to dorm style accommodation, with bunk beds that sleep 6-8
people in a room, sometimes more. There are at least 10 backpackers in
central Wellington.

They are called backpackers as the are popular with tourists who are
"Backpacking" (carrying all there gear in a backpack from place to
place, rather than in suitcases - often hitch hiking along the way).

--
peter.bier

-Peter Bier
Old August 26th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wowunicycle

surfer1024 wrote:
[threadjack] were you at naucc? I remember seeing a wow unicycle club
from ohio i think? [end threadjack]

yup, i was there, that sure was fun...i wish it were a lot longer

--
wowunicycle
Old August 26th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

yes, we have a number of very nice backpackers/youth hostels just across
the road from the various Unicon venues. At a cost of between
NZ$23-27/night, that is about US$16-18/night. We will try to recommend
a few of these, so that Unicon participants all end up staying together.
Hopefully they will give us good deals if we do this.

The closest school is at least 15min walk to the event HQ, and I don't
think there are any kitchen facilities at the school that I know of.
For the convenience, I think a few dollars extra would be worth it.

Wellington is a very compact city...most venues are within 10-15 (walk)
of each other.

We aim to get all the accomodation details and registration up and
running on the website by the end of the year. But in the meantime,
you can browse the Wellington tourism website to get an idea of the
venue and hostels:
www.wellingtonnz.com

Cheers,

Ken Looi
Unicon XV organising committee

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.

NAUCC Lodging Crazy_Bro Unicycling 0 June 23rd 08 10:33 PM
NAUCC Lodging Phil_on_uni Unicycling 0 May 15th 08 06:42 AM
NAUCC Lodging MuniAddict Unicycling 0 May 14th 08 01:40 AM
NAUCC Lodging surfer1024 Unicycling 0 May 14th 08 01:36 AM
NAUCC Lodging Tmornstar Unicycling 5 June 6th 04 08:35 PM