training rides/races in San Jose / Palo Alto area

Old March 2nd 05, 01:48 AM
gvad

Default training rides/races in San Jose / Palo Alto area

Heading to San Jose from DC for business and am looking for some hard
tempo rides in the San Jose / Palo Alto area for both weekdays and the
weekends. I will be in town 3/7 -3/13

Looking for both weekday and weekend rides as I will be in town a full
week. Hopefully a Saturday ride of 4 - 5 hours or even a race. I may
be a little pasty compared to the Cali riders, but we have been able to
train most of the winter on the east coast.

Thanks, Greg

Old March 2nd 05, 02:01 AM
Nobody

gvad wrote:
Heading to San Jose from DC for business and am looking for some hard
tempo rides in the San Jose / Palo Alto area for both weekdays and the
weekends. I will be in town 3/7 -3/13

Looking for both weekday and weekend rides as I will be in town a full
week. Hopefully a Saturday ride of 4 - 5 hours or even a race. I may
be a little pasty compared to the Cali riders, but we have been able to
train most of the winter on the east coast.

Thanks, Greg

Check the Alto Velo web site for the "A" ride.

- Dave
Old March 2nd 05, 03:49 AM
Tom Kunich

"gvad" wrote in message
oups.com...
Heading to San Jose from DC for business and am looking for some hard
tempo rides in the San Jose / Palo Alto area for both weekdays and the
weekends. I will be in town 3/7 -3/13

Looking for both weekday and weekend rides as I will be in town a full
week. Hopefully a Saturday ride of 4 - 5 hours or even a race. I may
be a little pasty compared to the Cali riders, but we have been able to
train most of the winter on the east coast.

Someone already noted Alto Velo. Pasty or not you better be good to ride
with that crowd. And you better be able to climb.

Old March 2nd 05, 04:21 AM
gvad

Is there an Alto Velo ride on Saturday? Don't worry, I can ride

Is the Saturday ride, The Spectrum ride" Saturday I would like to get
4-5 hours in wth some intensity and tempo and I assume climbing. Is
"The Spectrum" ride the ride I want for these purposes on Saturday, or
is there an Alto Velo Ride on Saturday

Old March 2nd 05, 05:34 AM
Bret Wade

gvad wrote:
Heading to San Jose from DC for business and am looking for some hard
tempo rides in the San Jose / Palo Alto area for both weekdays and the
weekends. I will be in town 3/7 -3/13

Looking for both weekday and weekend rides as I will be in town a full
week. Hopefully a Saturday ride of 4 - 5 hours or even a race. I may
be a little pasty compared to the Cali riders, but we have been able to
train most of the winter on the east coast.

Thanks, Greg

I recommend the Palo Alto Morning ride. From the Starbucks on the main
drag. When is that, 7am? Tuesday and Thursday? Some local can fill in
the details. The last time I did it, it started before sunrise and it
was a bit of a faux pas not to have my own lighting system. They sprint
for the firehouses.

Bret
Old March 2nd 05, 07:59 AM
ODH Bikes

If you have a car go to Santa Cruz for the Saterday Ride. Ride meets
and leaves from the Crows Nest/Marina @ 8am. There will only be 15-20
people starting in the Marina, but by the time you get to Aptos the
ride will be 70-100 people deep. You have several options for
distance, the longest loop is about 90 miles. I choose this ride over
the spectram ride any day. Feel free to e-mail me for more details.

Old March 2nd 05, 12:38 PM
gvad

thanks, One question, how long (miles and time) is the Spectrum Ride?
I take it someone in Palo Alto will be able to point me to "The
Spectrum" What time does the ride leave from the Spectrum? Is The
Spectrum ride the standard group ride for racers in the area? I have
to check to see how far Santa Cruz is from Palo Alto, this will most
likely determine which ride I do.

Old March 2nd 05, 12:39 PM
gvad

Is the Alto Velo ride, Sunday only? Where do I get more details?

Old March 2nd 05, 12:58 PM
gvad

Can someone provide some details on this ride, thanks. My
understanding froma nother post is that the Alto Velo ride is a sunday
ride. Any alto veloers ou there?

Old March 2nd 05, 01:10 PM
gvad

Tom, et al., a few questions so I do not miss anything:

How long (miles and time) is the Spectrum Ride? I take it someone in
Palo Alto will be able to point me to "The Spectrum" What time does
the ride leave from the Spectrum? Is this the big group ride for Sat
in the Palo Alto area? Is the Spectrum ride a Sat only ride?

Next, from 3/7-3/10 (Mon -Thurs) I will be in downtown San Jose for a
conference, will I be able to ride out to make the noon time ride in
Palo Alto, or are there any rides in San Jose during the week?

Fri, Sat, Sun, Palo Alto rides are a go.

Friday, I have all day so I can do any ride. Any reccomendations?
Someone reccomended renting a car, driving to Sausalito and riding to
Pointe Reyes. How does this sound to you, this would be more a taking
in the area ride for myself, as opposed to killing myself on the bike
ride. I think it would be 30 - 40 miles each way, what do you think?

Sunday, is this the Alto Velo ride day? If so, when and where do I
pick it up?

I appreciate the replies from all and help in nailing down the details.
It would really be awful to pack up the bike fly out and miss these
rides because I did not have all the information I need.

If any of you are ever in the DC Area , feel free to contact me and I
will be happy to point you to all the local group rides. We have a
good menu to choose from!

thanks, Greg

Tom Kunich wrote:
oups.com...

Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
ReL lactate testing / training Andy Coggan Racing 0 July 15th 04 10:18 PM
Rental Stores in Palo Alto CA? Christopher Brian Colohan Techniques 4 May 24th 04 03:38 AM
San Francisco (and Palo Alto) riders... mango Unicycling 3 April 3rd 04 08:43 PM