Economics not bicycle tech

Old April 7th 20, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Economics not bicycle tech

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 20:20:40 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Apr 2020 09:04:46 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Well, comparing the Christian Heaven and the Muslim Heaven, the
Christians get a harp and the Muslims get 77 women, specified to have
big boobs.

So, what do the women get when they enter heaven? Somehow, that
question seems to have escaped the attention of the biblical authors
and scholars.

Yes, the "old Folks" did ignore the females to a great extent, but I
would have to ask, "Who is going to cook supper?"
There is no record of Abraham, for example, being a chef.

And, I have read that the Jews have seven heavens, but apparently no
harps or boobs :-)

No loose women or big boobs, but maybe some choir music. See the 5th
level of heaven:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_in_Judaism
The fifth heaven is under the administration of Samael. It
is also where the Ishim and the Song-Uttering Choirs reside.

Since the traditional Jewish image of paradise is lacking in
entertainment value, the biblical scholars added a playground:
Beyond Paradise, according to Legends of the Jews, is the higher
Gan Eden, where God is enthroned and explains the Torah to
its inhabitants.

So, there you have it. When you go to heaven, you're expected to
listen to choir music and study the Torah. Eternal damnation seems
like more fun.

--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 7th 20, 06:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Tue, 07 Apr 2020 09:04:46 +0700, John B. wrote:

Well, comparing the Christian Heaven and the Muslim Heaven, the
Christians get a harp and the Muslims get 77 women, specified to have
big boobs.

Err, there is some discussin on that as the word can have other meanings
Old April 7th 20, 07:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 05:30:06 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Apr 2020 09:04:46 +0700, John B. wrote:

Well, comparing the Christian Heaven and the Muslim Heaven, the
Christians get a harp and the Muslims get 77 women, specified to have
big boobs.

Err, there is some discussin on that as the word can have other meanings

Boobs? Yes, you are correct. As in most translations a word can be
interpreted several ways. "Jannah" literally means "garden" I believe,
but is commonly used, in the Koran, to mean paradise, the literal term
for which is " Firdaus". The word "ka'ib" used to describe the Houri
can mean "rounded" prominent" "swelling" " fully developed", but
granted not "boobs" per se. Just as the word "boob" can be interpreted
to have various meanings :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 7th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 3:43:59 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 2:07:01 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 2:01:44 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 1:15:50 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I'm not sure of the exact size of the soul, but if it's proportional
to the common inflated ego, there's likely to be insufficient
underground space to construct a suitable hell.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

If this is true then there is no physical way Trump can get into Hell.. Its too small for his ego. You're just full of good news.

When Trump was a Democrat everyone was delighted with him and all said that he had no ego at all. Strange how the same sorts of people instantly observe a complete reversal just because he became a Republican. Apparently Snowflakes do not have an unbiased power of observation.

I always thought he was a dopey self-promoter, regardless of his political affiliation. Another narcissistic trust-fund baby building temples to himself -- between bankruptcies and booty-calls. https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/GTY_...2_16x9_992.jpg Hope you weren't a bond-holder.

But you raise an interesting point. What if he had run as a Democrat? Hmmmmmmmm. Still no. I would have voted for Mitt Romney. At least he had experience, and I could marvel at his tax return and skillful use of the carried interest deduction. Plus he pays the Mormon tax -- he tithes more in one year than most people make in a lifetime. That pays for a lot of free temple-ground tours and the giant talking Jesus at the visitor center. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/...us2_Detail.jpg Having Jesus talk to you is worth the price of admission. Plus I got a free Book of Mormon. Trump charges for made-in-China MAGA hats.

-- Jay Beattie.

Well, you certainly run into a whole lot of people that are dopey billionaires. As for self promoting - how else do you try a dozen or more other business goals without self promotion?

Exactly why is it that you don't know what a chapter 11 bankruptcy is?

The official MAGA hates from his campaign committee are made in America. The counterfeits are made in China. Can you explain why you couldn't bother to look that up?

You are entitled to vote for anyone you like. Using entitlement to vote for Romney who is the very picture of entitlement is a perfect demonstration of your inability to understand the political class and why people voted for Trump.

I know, tell us he is racist, xenophobic and calls everyone deplorables and smelly Walmart shoppers.
Old April 7th 20, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 4:58:27 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/6/2020 6:43 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 2:07:01 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:

When Trump was a Democrat everyone was delighted with him and all said that he had no ego at all. ...

I always thought he was a dopey self-promoter, regardless of his political affiliation. Another narcissistic trust-fund baby building temples to himself -- between bankruptcies and booty-calls.

I thought about Trump almost not at all. What - a real estate guy who
slathers his name on every building that he puts up? Sounds very
egotistical. And a game show with a punch line "You're fired!"?? I don't
watch any game shows, and if I did, that would be low on the list.

Tom is making a common ideologue mistake: assuming everyone that
disagrees with him has exactly the same opinions.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Again and again you show your total ignorance of business. That is called "branding" and not egotism. Do you say that about Motel 6 or the Radisson chain? Every time you post you show why your life has been a failure and why your hatred for anyone and everyone around you is so intense.
Old April 7th 20, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 7:17:32 PM UTC-7, Ralph Barone wrote:
John B. wrote:
On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 13:52:02 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 11:11:35 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

'For every room in heaven, there's one just like it in hell
for someone else.'

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Not sure how to interpret this. Does it mean the rooms in heaven are
really, really bad? Or the rooms in hell are really, really good? And
your statement implies an exact 50/50 split between heaven and hell. 1
out of 2 are going to burn in hell. And the other half are going to be
happy in heaven. Based on my observations over the years, I can believe
the amount going to hell. But 50% gong to heaven seems too optimistic..

I was once told by an individual that had attended a Catholic collage
that all of those who did not worship the Christian God were bound for
Hell, that is currently 68% of the world's population who will be
taking the "down" elevator.
--
cheers,

John B.

It’s gonna be a hell of a shock when those people get to the Pearly Gates
and find Buddha there.

So among your other talents you haven't any idea of what Buddhism is?
Old April 7th 20, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

The religions of the Earth have become corrupted and while they are not bad they are following the incorrect paths. What's more, words that can from a profit who was preaching to 20 year old men whose average lifespan was 24 years should give you the idea that he was attempting to attract an audience and not tell them what actually was coming. All three of the world's major religions are based upon the Old Testament. But no one was supposed to spend their entire lives at the wailing wall of wasting their time praying to God 6 times a day. Christ did not come to Earth to build a religion based upon the concept of Royalty as existed in his time and his words say as much.

Listening to people here who actually believe in Darwin, spouting religion is ridiculous.
Old April 7th 20, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/7/2020 11:47 AM, wrote:
[...]

I wasn't aware that any Mister 6 was responsible for splashing his name
on all those Hotel 6 buildings. And I see that Radisson was named after
a 17th century French explorer. Did he return from the dead to promote
his "brand"?

A counter-example: Arni Nashbar is a friend of mine. He started a
business called Bike Warehouse that did remarkably well. At a time it
was growing rapidly, the name changed to Bike Nashbar. As he was showing
a bunch of us around the works at that time, he said he resisted that
name change; but his lawyers said it would be difficult to impossible to
defend a copyright on "Bike Warehouse" - that it was too generic. They
urged him to use his last name.

I think that was pretty much the opposite of the self-proclaimed "stable
genius," the "I'm a very smart guy," the guy who said "I really am
brilliant," etc.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-orig-alee.cnn
Can you spot any egotism? I can.

Every time you post you show why your life has been a failure and why your hatred for anyone and everyone around you is so intense.

Tom, I'm sorry you're a nut case living in a hell hole. I really am
sorry. But please understand, it's not my fault.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 7th 20, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

America has found a new religion it seems.
A sacred mound of TP will protect the owner from evil.

Old April 7th 20, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

We can do this all day long regarding brands, both examples
and counterexamples. For every Days Inn there's a Hilton. No
one did ego like Leona Helmsley of Helmsley Hotels.

This only proves that the world is a big place and says
nothing about Donald J Trump one way or the other.

bicycle tech? AMuzi Techniques 2 July 22nd 15 04:04 AM
[Actual bicycle tech] BBB cassette NQR James[_8_] Techniques 6 October 31st 11 01:02 AM
Bicycle economics [email protected] Techniques 0 March 12th 09 05:20 PM
Understanding rec.bicycle.tech ratings? Tom Nakashima Techniques 8 April 17th 07 07:57 PM
Bicycle bell - apolitical tech query [email protected] UK 13 November 17th 06 12:21 AM