Plans for mass bike ride to the beach during lockdown prompts furious backlash

Old April 7th 20, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Default Plans for mass bike ride to the beach during lockdown prompts furious backlash

Pamela wrote:

On 18:12 6 Apr 2020, Kelly said:

Pamela wrote:

On 11:55 4 Apr 2020, Simon Mason said:

The original post shared their plans to meet in S****horpe on Sunday
before riding to Cleethorpes for ice-cream and fish and chips.

How horribly British.

Brilliantly British, more like. A ride to the beach for fish and chips
followed by ice cream sounds absolutely lovely. Once this lockdown is
lifted, what fun we'll all be able to have again.

It's not the bike ride but the idea of eating fish and chips followed by ice
cream which is yucky.

I wish it weren't so but there are some 'chipshop chips' I can eat as
a meal on their own (tomato sauce is a bonus). As for dessert, my
favourite would be an ice cream sundae (a knickerbocker glory is
overkill in most places but I have been known to give it a go).

I'm not really that impressed by a creme brulee - must be I've just
got cheap tastes.

Old April 7th 20, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 12:34 7 Apr 2020, Kelly said:

Pamela wrote:

On 18:12 6 Apr 2020, Kelly said:

Pamela wrote:

On 11:55 4 Apr 2020, Simon Mason said:

The original post shared their plans to meet in S****horpe on Sunday
before riding to Cleethorpes for ice-cream and fish and chips.

How horribly British.

Brilliantly British, more like. A ride to the beach for fish and chips
followed by ice cream sounds absolutely lovely. Once this lockdown is
lifted, what fun we'll all be able to have again.

It's not the bike ride but the idea of eating fish and chips followed by
ice cream which is yucky.

I wish it weren't so but there are some 'chipshop chips' I can eat as
a meal on their own (tomato sauce is a bonus). As for dessert, my
favourite would be an ice cream sundae (a knickerbocker glory is
overkill in most places but I have been known to give it a go).

I'm not really that impressed by a creme brulee - must be I've just
got cheap tastes.

To my taste, eating ice cream after fish and chips seems strange.
Old April 7th 20, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Tuesday, 7 April 2020 18:44:06 UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 12:34 7 Apr 2020, Kelly said:

Pamela wrote:

On 18:12 6 Apr 2020, Kelly said:

Pamela wrote:

[...]

As a Diabetic ice cream is a distant memory, as are chips and the fish batter.
The fish I can eat.

Even fit cyclists get diabetes.
Old April 7th 20, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 12:34 7 Apr 2020, Kelly said:
Pamela wrote:
On 18:12 6 Apr 2020, Kelly said:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

Sorry to hear that. It must be a nuisance keeping it under control.

Old April 7th 20, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Mike Collins wrote:

As a Diabetic ice cream is a distant memory, as are chips and the fish batter.
The fish I can eat.

Well I always keep an eye on calories these days, and those foods you
would avoid I now tend to more sneak in as occasional guilty
indulgences - healthy and low carb is really the way to go.

Even fit cyclists get diabetes.

....and I bet there are plenty of treats you still look forward to.

Old April 8th 20, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On 12:34 7 Apr 2020, Kelly said:
Pamela wrote:
On 18:12 6 Apr 2020, Kelly said:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

I never had much of a sweet tooth. I miss fruit juice, especially Grapefruit, the most.

Old April 8th 20, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Newton was probably eating gruel when he holed up in the country side to do his work.

If you want a Nobel Prize give it a try:

https://vintagerecipesandcookery.com...-for-the-sick/

Old April 8th 20, 01:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On 12:34 7 Apr 2020, Kelly said:
Pamela wrote:
On 18:12 6 Apr 2020, Kelly said:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

I buy consumables for the Elemental Analyser from OEA labs in Cornwall. A bar of chocolate of various interesting flavours is included with every order, all I can do is pass it around at the weekly research group meeting.
Old April 8th 20, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Bret Cahill wrote:

Newton was probably eating gruel when he holed up in the country side to do his work.

He had probably pinched the gruel that left Oliver Twist wanting more.

If you want a Nobel Prize give it a try:

https://vintagerecipesandcookery.com...-for-the-sick/

Well, it didn't seem to work for Newton - no one of that name has ever
won a Nobel Prize. That's what you get for being greedy, I suppose.

Old April 8th 20, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 07/04/2020 22:25, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 18:12 6 Apr 2020, Kelly said:

Pamela wrote:

On 11:55 4 Apr 2020, Simon Mason said:

The original post shared their plans to meet in S****horpe on
Sunday before riding to Cleethorpes for ice-cream and fish and
chips.

How horribly British.

Brilliantly British, more like. A ride to the beach for fish and
chips followed by ice cream sounds absolutely lovely. Once this
lockdown is lifted, what fun we'll all be able to have again.

It's not the bike ride but the idea of eating fish and chips followed
by ice cream which is yucky.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the cyclist.

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment coming from YOU.

I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

PS I love fish andd chips followed by ice cream.