Why I prefer Unicycle Racing to Bicycle Racing

Old February 27th 05, 09:57 AM
GizmoDuck

Default Why I prefer Unicycle Racing to Bicycle Racing

The Race: Christchurch to Nelson (New Zealand)
The Distance: 445km
Total riders: 67
Total Unicyclists: 0
My bike: Cervelo Super Prodigy '04 (10 days old)

The mess:

| Attachment filename: chchtonelson 065.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/282931|

GizmoDuck - NZUNI

o-kO
'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)

Old February 27th 05, 10:00 AM
GizmoDuck

What happens when your deraileur goes into the spokes on a bike:

| Attachment filename: chchtonelson 067.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/282932|

Old February 27th 05, 10:03 AM
GizmoDuck

Broken teeth:

| Attachment filename: chchtonelson 014.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/282933|

Old February 27th 05, 10:09 AM
TheObieOne3226

Ouch. OTB or just a long ass skid?

Also, how did you mess up your chainring?

--
TheObieOne3226

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

Old February 27th 05, 10:22 AM
Seager

I'm assuming your limit screw wasn't set right and you shifted into your
wheel. It's 10 days old? Will the shop you bought it from buy you a
new one for not adjusting it properly? Assuming that's what caused it
then whoever assembled it is to blame, here's hoping you didn't do it
yourself.

--
Seager - that one guy who does that stuff

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old February 27th 05, 10:36 AM
GizmoDuck

Yeah, I'll bring it into the bike shop tomorrow. It happened when I
dropped my chain off the front derailleur. I tried to shift it back on
and the next thing I hear is a sickening crunch. You'd think I wouln't
be stupid enough to do it a second time except that it was 3.30am and I
was about to fall asleep on my bike when I did it again.

The idea behind this race was to bring a unicycle team down next year
I'm sure if I was on my unicycle I would at least have finished
the race- in last place, but finishing nonetheless.

Old February 27th 05, 02:01 PM
unicyclistjoe

Jeez ken...it looks like your as hard on your bikes as I am on my
uni...did i mention i broke yet another seatpost, and ordered a thomson
that should be arriving tomorrow mmmmm strong.

--
unicyclistjoe - NZ's 2nd Best Trials Unicyclist

Well a MOPED or whatever you call it...yeah good one security

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/joesphotos
unicyclistjoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6856