California risk

Old April 17th 17, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default California risk

Hey Joerg:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/mountain-...hes-small-dog/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 18th 17, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:56:53 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/mountain-...hes-small-dog/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Though it is not bicycle related....

It looks pretty obvious that their front door was left open.

And probably the bedroom as well.

Did the mountain lion escape on a bicycle ?

The dog probably waked up neighbors, so maybe the kidnapping was justified.

Andy
Old April 20th 17, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-04-17 15:56, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/mountain-...hes-small-dog/

Happens. A recent cat visit in a neighboring village here ended more
peacefully, in the end the mountain lion just messed up their kitchen:

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/cali...sion/430031662

They are out here. Most people like myself ride anyhow, you just have to
be vigilant and not do risky stuff. For example, fixing something on the
bike where a crouched position is unavoidable is best done in an open
area without thick brush where you can see what may be coming or
lurking. I also carry spray though that may be of limited value in a
fast attack or against the wind.

http://www.foresthillmessenger.com/o...fabf05977.html

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old April 20th 17, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On 2017-04-17 15:56, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/mountain-...hes-small-dog/

Happens. A recent cat visit in a neighboring village here ended more
peacefully, in the end the mountain lion just messed up their kitchen:

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/cali...sion/430031662

They are out here. Most people like myself ride anyhow, you just have to
be vigilant and not do risky stuff. For example, fixing something on the
bike where a crouched position is unavoidable is best done in an open
area without thick brush where you can see what may be coming or
lurking. I also carry spray though that may be of limited value in a
fast attack or against the wind.

I've had three stare-downs with them so far. (I won all three They are not looking at you like prey they are angry with you for being on their turf. They scowl at you with indignation but if you look at them even angrier, they decide to let you off with a warning.
Old April 20th 17, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-04-17 15:56, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

[...]

Just don't get into politics when you talk to them :-)

So far the only wild animal that followed me was a little bear. Stayed
at a safe distance from me though. It probably wanted my backpack or the
contents of it, maybe hoping I'd drop it. Didn't work and eventually he
or she called it a day.

Old April 21st 17, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On 2017-04-17 15:56, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/17/mountain-...hes-small-dog/

Happens. A recent cat visit in a neighboring village here ended more
peacefully, in the end the mountain lion just messed up their kitchen:

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/cali...sion/430031662

They are out here. Most people like myself ride anyhow, you just have to
be vigilant and not do risky stuff. For example, fixing something on the
bike where a crouched position is unavoidable is best done in an open
area without thick brush where you can see what may be coming or
lurking. I also carry spray though that may be of limited value in a
fast attack or against the wind.

http://www.foresthillmessenger.com/o...fabf05977.html

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

And just hope that any of the mountain lions you DON'T see, pounce on you from above and behind as you ride by them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FQWwVpxQsw

Kind of like in the westerns wherethe experienced sargeant tells the new troopers about Indians, "It's the ones you DON'T see that you have to worry about".

Cheers
Old April 21st 17, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

And just hope that any of the mountain lions you DON'T see, pounce on you from above and behind as you ride by them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FQWwVpxQsw

Oh Jeez Louise. Did you actually watch the video?
1. When staring down mountain lions, it helps to have balls between your legs.
2. Look at victim #1, at 1:29. I mean, how scary could she possibly look?
3. Now look at victim #2, at 12:51. If I saw -her- on the trail I would want to pounce on her too!

Old April 21st 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-04-17 15:56, AMuzi wrote:
Hey Joerg:

[...]

Yeah - mountain lions aren't bright enough to know that global warming is nothing more than a Marxist hoax. They think it's a complete accident that there is far more food around and that their own breeding is so active that the children are raiding homes.

Risk from cyclists Tom Crispin[_4_] UK 106 May 10th 11 07:59 AM
Am I at risk? ronaldo_jeremiah Racing 8 December 30th 09 05:55 PM
Why are cyclists particularly at risk? Graham Harrison[_3_] UK 140 March 30th 09 09:39 AM
elminate risk! jim beam Techniques 3 February 13th 07 07:05 AM
Risk assymmetry Tony Raven UK 21 July 25th 05 12:03 PM