Vehicle Tax

Old April 22nd 17, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Vehicle Tax

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:35:00 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of
road rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
recycling other taxes.

All the money from general taxation goes into the same pot, that
includes fuel duty, vehicle duty, VAT, income tax ...

Old April 22nd 17, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

TMS320 wrote:

Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of
road rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
recycling other taxes.

All the money from general taxation goes into the same pot, that
includes fuel duty, vehicle duty, VAT, income tax ...

I have the long-term use (free of charge other than fuel and servicing
costs) of a car which does not belong to me.

I also have a car of my own, which is kept on private land and rarely
used. I really ought to sell it. But it is nevertheless insured and taxed.

But if I were to simply declare it off-road (which is true), and
complete the appropriate Statutory Off Road Notification, would I have
to pay "vehicle duty" on that car of mine which is not in use and which
is on private land?

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 22nd 17, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 22/04/17 16:27, Rob Morley wrote:
TMS320 wrote:

Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of
road rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
recycling other taxes.

All the money from general taxation goes into the same pot, that
includes fuel duty, vehicle duty, VAT, income tax ...

Indeed, but my point is that a large amount of money going through the
DVLA door has been taken from people receiving benefits out of general
taxation or from people that can reduce tax on profits. When it is
variously claimed that "motorists pay £xxx" it is not the true figure.

Old April 23rd 17, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

TMS320 wrote:

Anyway, even if there are people that believe they pay some sort of
road rent, a lot of the money received by the DVLA merely comes from
recycling other taxes.

All the money from general taxation goes into the same pot, that
includes fuel duty, vehicle duty, VAT, income tax ...

Indeed, but my point is that a large amount of money going through the
DVLA door has been taken from people receiving benefits out of general
taxation or from people that can reduce tax on profits. When it is
variously claimed that "motorists pay £xxx" it is not the true figure.

"£xxx" is definitely not the true figure.

It's a lot more than that.

---
http://www.avg.com

Getaway Vehicle Bret Cahill UK 5 February 20th 15 11:31 PM
long vehicle ray Australia 3 May 24th 06 04:04 PM
articulated vehicle ray Australia 3 May 5th 06 03:03 AM
Vehicle Design (OT) Richard UK 11 February 17th 06 07:49 PM
Vehicle assault [email protected] General 47 April 19th 05 07:21 PM