Sponsors?

Old May 7th 04, 06:34 PM
Richard Adams

Default Sponsors?

Baseball scrapping idea to put Spidey webs on bases to promote
Spider-man 2 movie.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2059-3497r.htm

Wouldn't it be interesting to have movie studios sponsor teams? With
the huge wads of cash they toss around on promotions, seems a cycling
team would be just the thing.

Imagine Lance & Co. in jersies featuring upcoming films. I suppose
the public would gobble up kit, too.

"Be the mightiest Fred in your neighborhood peloton in your very own
Flintstones 3: Tour de Bedrock official team jersey!"

On second thought...
Old May 8th 04, 01:46 AM
TM

"Richard Adams" wrote in message

Wouldn't it be interesting to have movie studios sponsor teams?

I vote for political campaigns. Then they could attack for ideological
reasons and bring a whole new dimension to the sport... and bring all the
rbr threads on topic at the same time!

Old May 8th 04, 04:48 AM
warren

It's more than a rumor that Bianchi intends to step up with a very
large sponsorship next season with a full scale development team along
with a good D1 pro team, similar to the previous Mapei program in
several ways.

-WG

Old May 8th 04, 01:43 PM
SprintAtBettyRussells

"TM" wrote in message . I vote for political campaigns. Then they could attack for ideological
reasons and bring a whole new dimension to the sport... and bring all the
rbr threads on topic at the same time!

The Libertarian party was the title sponsor for the Leonardtown Crit a
couple of years ago (2001).