Vehicle Tax

Old April 16th 17, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Vehicle Tax

I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240.
Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
Old April 16th 17, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:57 +0100, wrote:

I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240.
Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
There was no mention of Road Tax.

Would you like to write that in English?

--
After three years of marriage, Kim was still questioning her husband about his lurid past.
"C'mon, tell me," she asked for the thousandth time, "How many women have you slept with?"
Old April 16th 17, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:16:55 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:11:12 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:07:23 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:01:18 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:57 +0100, wrote:

I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240.
Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
There was no mention of Road Tax.

Would you like to write that in English?

Which part of my english post did you not understand?

1) "fourth power of axle loading"

http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/get...px?itemid=1586

I'm not reading all that. Try answering my question.

2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.

When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.

But you're paying for your car with the road tax.

3) Some ******** about "road tax".

Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.

I didn't. You pay tax to drive a car to pay for the roads, simple. It's road tax.

--
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Old April 17th 17, 05:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 8:27:17 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:16:55 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:11:12 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:07:23 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:01:18 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:57 +0100, wrote:

I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240.
Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
There was no mention of Road Tax.

Would you like to write that in English?

Which part of my english post did you not understand?

1) "fourth power of axle loading"

http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/get...px?itemid=1586

I'm not reading all that.

It is your choice to remain ignorant.

Try answering my question.

What question?

2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.

When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.

But you're paying for your car with the road tax.

No, Vehicle Tax.

3) Some ******** about "road tax".

Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.

I didn't. You pay tax to drive a car to pay for the roads, simple. It's road tax.

Again, Vehicle Tax not road tax.

Old April 17th 17, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/04/2017 05:23, wrote:
[...]

1. Whatever name(s) you dare not give the tax, what are the (exact)
circumstances in which it must be paid?

2. And in what exact circumstances is the tax not due (even at the
ill-advised nil rate, fated soon to disappear)?

I'll answer the second question for you: the tax is not due (not even at
the stupid nil rate) in respect of any motor vehicle which is not kept
or used on a highway (colloquially known as the road or the roads) and
in respect of which that fact has been officially declared to the DVLA
(in other words, vehicles which are not in use - for whatever reason, on
the road).

Now I'll let you answer the first question.

Don't chicken out...

---
http://www.avg.com

Old April 17th 17, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 05:23:48 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 8:27:17 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:16:55 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:11:12 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 19:07:23 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:01:18 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:54:57 +0100, wrote:

I have just taxed my car for another year at a cost of£240.
Given that road damage is the fourth power of axle loading it means I have just paid £2.4 Million to ride my bicycle on the road for the next year.
There was no mention of Road Tax.

Would you like to write that in English?

Which part of my english post did you not understand?

1) "fourth power of axle loading"

http://www.nvfnorden.org/lisalib/get...px?itemid=1586

I'm not reading all that.

It is your choice to remain ignorant.

Why don't you just write the answer instead of giving me a huge document to read through for half an hour?

Try answering my question.

What question?

What does "fourth power of axle loading" mean?

2) Claiming you're paying for your bicycle when you've paid for your car.

When I am riding my bicycle my car is in my drive.

But you're paying for your car with the road tax.

No, Vehicle Tax.

Don't be so ****ing stupid, most people call it road tax, just like most people call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover. Get used to it.

And if you want to be pedantic, it's "Vehicle Excise Duty", not tax. So you're still wrong.

3) Some ******** about "road tax".

Glad you agree there is no such thing as Road tax.

I didn't. You pay tax to drive a car to pay for the roads, simple. It's road tax.

Again, Vehicle Tax not road tax.

Again, you're a moron.

--
Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Getaway Vehicle Bret Cahill UK 5 February 20th 15 11:31 PM
long vehicle ray Australia 3 May 24th 06 04:04 PM
articulated vehicle ray Australia 3 May 5th 06 03:03 AM
Vehicle Design (OT) Richard UK 11 February 17th 06 07:49 PM
Vehicle assault [email protected] General 47 April 19th 05 07:21 PM