Whats the fastest you can go on flat ground

Old August 10th 04, 07:36 AM
Lenny Jackson

Default Whats the fastest you can go on flat ground

Whats the highest speed you have reached on flat ground with no tail wind on
a Road Bike.

I can get around 60 k's an hour untill my ticker says thats enough buddy.

So lets see some speeds please.

Lenny

Old August 10th 04, 08:05 AM
hippy

Lenny Jackson Wrote:
Whats the highest speed you have reached on flat ground with no tai
wind on a Road Bike.

Is this holding onto a car or not?

This thread is in the 'Bike Cafe' area on www.cyclingforums.com

hipp

--
hippy

Old August 10th 04, 08:24 AM
ritcho

hippy Wrote:
Is this holding onto a car or not?

This thread is in the 'Bike Cafe' area on www.cyclingforums.com

hippy

I topped out at about 60 in the sprint on Saturday...

Note that the flying 200 is done by elite sprinters at about 70km/h, s
anyone that reckons they can do 75 or 80 unassisted (mechanically or b
the wind conditions) is pulling your leg!

Ritc

--
ritcho

Old August 10th 04, 11:34 AM
NickZX6R

Lenny Jackson wrote:
Whats the highest speed you have reached on flat ground with no tail wind on
a Road Bike.

I can get around 60 k's an hour untill my ticker says thats enough buddy.

So lets see some speeds please.

Lenny

the best I've managed is 55.

--
Nick
Old August 11th 04, 04:41 AM
Suzy Jackson

NickZX6R wrote in message

the best I've managed is 55.

Same here, mid 50's in a sprint. I can do about 50 in a 70" gear
tho... That count?

Regards,

Suzy
Old August 11th 04, 05:54 AM
byron27

ritcho Wrote:
I topped out at about 60 in the sprint on Saturday...

Note that the flying 200 is done by elite sprinters at about 70km/h, s
anyone that reckons they can do 75 or 80 unassisted (mechanically or b
the wind conditions) is pulling your leg!

Ritch

67kph with a tailwind down leighton drive in the sprint

--
byron2