DONE IT! Scored meself a Fixie!!!

Old August 9th 04, 03:23 AM
flyingdutch

Default DONE IT! Scored meself a Fixie!!!

flyingdutch Wrote:
The distance between the wheel and seat tube depends on the length of
yourchain!! You need some gap to allow you to push the wheel towards
the seattube, so you can get the chain off the front chainring, then

off the rear cog, so you can remove the wheel without having to break
the chain...

Aah, that makes sense...

Just get a fork 2nd hand to use a front brake on, don't worry about a

back
brake. You'll want to keep the un-drilled fork for the track, when

you give
it a go... *grin*

hmmm. one day, maybe...
as for the fork, got my original pre-carbon steel one. The rake on the
fixed' looks shorter than my old drilled fork. Would this be expected,
so as to give the track bike more 'twitch' at the front end? And will
my old fork make it more friendly to ride?

pics ahoy!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/0.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/1.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/2.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/3.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/4.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/5.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/6.jpg

--
flyingdutch

Old August 9th 04, 04:05 AM
ritcho

flyingdutch Wrote:
pics ahoy!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/0.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/1.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/2.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/3.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/4.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/5.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/6.jpg

Now that is a bike a retrogrouch can be proud of! Even better, it will
probably look and function as well in 20 years time [1]

Ritch

[1] If the course 'crashes 202' doesn't get taken too many times

--
ritcho

Old August 9th 04, 04:23 AM
hippy

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/0.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/1.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/2.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/3.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/4.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/5.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fixed/6.jpg

That actually looks more like road geometry, in that
the gap between front wheel and downtube is quite
large compared to most track frames I've seen.
e.g. http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/craigsinanian2.htm

The gap between back wheel and seattube doesn't look
too far different from my track bike. It might just be the
way they were made back in the day..?
e.g.http://www.thehippy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=60

It looks pretty good.. How much was it?
What's written on the dropout?

hippy

Old August 11th 04, 06:37 AM
Duncan Farrow

flyingdutch wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

[...]

Good looking bike. And doesn't a garage door make a fantastic
backdrop for photos of fixies? See
http://wwwstaff.murdoch.edu.au/~dfarrow
and click on the obvious for my garage door (with bike in the way).

Have you submitted it to www.fixedtgeargallery.com yet? Mine is #1020.

Duncan.

PS To e-mail, remove finger.