No Amstel for Boogerd this year

Old March 17th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default No Amstel for Boogerd this year

broke his foot...

Kenny

Old March 17th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kenny wrote:
broke his foot...

Kenny

How is that going to affect his sprinting?
Old March 17th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stu Fleming wrote:
Kenny wrote:
broke his foot...

Kenny

How is that going to affect his sprinting?

He will have lots of time to practice sprinting after his kid...which
is how he broke his foot, it seems. At least he wasnt changing a light
bulb, or, heaven forbid, fall down the stairs.

Old March 17th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article
. com,
"jerry in vermont" wrote:

Stu Fleming wrote:
Kenny wrote:
broke his foot...

Kenny

How is that going to affect his sprinting?

He will have lots of time to practice sprinting after his kid...which
is how he broke his foot, it seems. At least he wasnt changing a light
bulb, or, heaven forbid, fall down the stairs.

I have absolutely stopped believing the stories athletes
tell about their injuries. Nothing personal with regard to
Boogerd. Add up all the stories they tell about out of
competition injuries; they are always hiding something.

--
Michael Press
Old March 18th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Michael Press wrote:
In article
. com,
"jerry in vermont" wrote:

Stu Fleming wrote:
Kenny wrote:
broke his foot...

Kenny

How is that going to affect his sprinting?

He will have lots of time to practice sprinting after his kid...which
is how he broke his foot, it seems. At least he wasnt changing a light
bulb, or, heaven forbid, fall down the stairs.

I have absolutely stopped believing the stories athletes
tell about their injuries. Nothing personal with regard to
Boogerd. Add up all the stories they tell about out of
competition injuries; they are always hiding something.

--
Michael Press

Brian Griese is my favorite in this department.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/5753036

Old March 18th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

jerry in vermont wrote:
Stu Fleming wrote:
Kenny wrote:
broke his foot...

Kenny

How is that going to affect his sprinting?

He will have lots of time to practice sprinting after his kid...which
is how he broke his foot, it seems. At least he wasnt changing a light
bulb, or, heaven forbid, fall down the stairs.

It's going to be weird seeing the Amstel results skipping a place:

1. Strongest Guy
2. [number retired]
3. Next Strongest Guy
4. ....

Old March 18th 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article
.com,
"Bret" wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article
. com,
"jerry in vermont" wrote:

Stu Fleming wrote:
Kenny wrote:
broke his foot...

Kenny

How is that going to affect his sprinting?

He will have lots of time to practice sprinting after his kid...which
is how he broke his foot, it seems. At least he wasnt changing a light
bulb, or, heaven forbid, fall down the stairs.

I have absolutely stopped believing the stories athletes
tell about their injuries. Nothing personal with regard to
Boogerd. Add up all the stories they tell about out of
competition injuries; they are always hiding something.

--
Michael Press

Brian Griese is my favorite in this department.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/5753036

Oh, mercy.

On May 5 [2002], Griese tripped on a steep driveway at
teammate Terrell Davis'
house and was knocked unconscious, bruising his face.

--
Michael Press
Old March 18th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Michael Press wrote:
"jerry in vermont" wrote:
He will have lots of time to practice sprinting after his kid...which
is how he broke his foot, it seems.

I have absolutely stopped believing the stories athletes
tell about their injuries. Nothing personal with regard to
Boogerd. Add up all the stories they tell about out of
competition injuries; they are always hiding something.

Jezus, get out from under your tin foil hat. He was playing with his
son and misstepped. Like a sprain ankle only now, as it turned out in
hospital, a small piece of metatarsal bone broke off. It can happen.
Your idea of playing with the kid is an invigorating game of Sudoku?

--
E. Dronkert
Old March 18th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article ,
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
"jerry in vermont" wrote:
He will have lots of time to practice sprinting after his kid...which
is how he broke his foot, it seems.

I have absolutely stopped believing the stories athletes
tell about their injuries. Nothing personal with regard to
Boogerd. Add up all the stories they tell about out of
competition injuries; they are always hiding something.

Jezus, get out from under your tin foil hat. He was playing with his
son and misstepped. Like a sprain ankle only now, as it turned out in
hospital, a small piece of metatarsal bone broke off. It can happen.
Your idea of playing with the kid is an invigorating game of Sudoku?

That is their story, and it is plausible. While I do not
challenge the story, I choose not to believe it. Do you
really go around believing what people tell you, and what
you read? Do you repeat these stories?

--
Michael Press

LeJog year Brian G UK 0 October 2nd 05 01:12 PM
Have your hurricane in a swing state in an election year 41 Techniques 81 September 10th 05 04:03 PM
One year on LSMike UK 9 July 5th 05 05:52 PM
Want to know what year... anything will help bear General 1 November 29th 04 11:15 PM
60 year driving ban tony R UK 22 October 6th 03 09:55 AM