Motorbike Filtering

Old February 9th 09, 05:13 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Graz

Default Motorbike Filtering

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 01:48:19 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

"Halmyre" wrote in message
. ..

I was sitting in a queue of traffic at lights. The car in front was a bit
nearer the kerb than I was, and a cyclist coming up our inside actually
had
to *stop* (gasp!) and *push his bike past on foot* (horror!). He then
remounted, looked round in head-shaking disapproval, and continued on his
way.

Conversely, I was driving into town on Friday and was part of a stream of
traffic overtaking a cyclist as we (and he) approached a set of traffic
lights. I noticed that the driver of one of the cars behind me pulled right
over to the kerb after passing the cyclist to prevent him from filtering on
the inside while the line of cars were stopped for the lights.

I do the same. It's to stop the *******s going through red lights.

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist makes you
feel better?

The police don't seem interested in policing the way the ****s use the
road.

Old February 9th 09, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
oldMaxim

On Feb 9, 2:48*am, "OG" wrote:
"Halmyre" wrote in message

I was sitting in a queue of traffic at lights. The car in front was a bit
nearer the kerb than I was, and a cyclist coming up our inside actually
had
to *stop* (gasp!) and *push his bike past on foot* (horror!). He then
remounted, looked round in head-shaking disapproval, and continued on his
way.

Conversely, I was driving into town on Friday and was part of a stream of
traffic overtaking a cyclist as we (and he) approached a set of traffic
lights. *I noticed that the driver of one of the cars behind me pulled right
over to the kerb after passing the cyclist to prevent him from filtering on
the inside while the line of cars were stopped for the lights.

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist makes you
feel better?

....bet the cyclist had a camera on his helmet and the car was a taxi!
Old February 9th 09, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

OG wrote:
"Halmyre" wrote in message
I was sitting in a queue of traffic at lights. The car in front was a bit
nearer the kerb than I was, and a cyclist coming up our inside actually
had
to *stop* (gasp!) and *push his bike past on foot* (horror!). He then
remounted, looked round in head-shaking disapproval, and continued on his
way.

Conversely, I was driving into town on Friday and was part of a stream of
traffic overtaking a cyclist as we (and he) approached a set of traffic
lights. I noticed that the driver of one of the cars behind me pulled right
over to the kerb after passing the cyclist to prevent him from filtering on
the inside while the line of cars were stopped for the lights.

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist makes you
feel better?

Was the driver turning left?

If so, that would seem to be a very sensible maneouvre.
Old February 9th 09, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
radical

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 01:48:19 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

"Halmyre" wrote in message
. ..

I was sitting in a queue of traffic at lights. The car in front was a bit
nearer the kerb than I was, and a cyclist coming up our inside actually
had
to *stop* (gasp!) and *push his bike past on foot* (horror!). He then
remounted, looked round in head-shaking disapproval, and continued on his
way.

Conversely, I was driving into town on Friday and was part of a stream of
traffic overtaking a cyclist as we (and he) approached a set of traffic
lights. I noticed that the driver of one of the cars behind me pulled right
over to the kerb after passing the cyclist to prevent him from filtering on
the inside while the line of cars were stopped for the lights.

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist makes you
feel better?

Perhaps he'd had a ****wit squeeze through a gap which was hardly wide
enough and scratch his vehicle sometime in the past and did not want
it to happen again.

Unfortunately it may have added thirty seconds on to the cyclist's
journey time, and he was probably one of the ****wits who frequent
this group who are anal about knocking off a couple of seconds for the
journey.

Old February 9th 09, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
OG

"JNugent" wrote in message
OG wrote:
"Halmyre" wrote in message
[...]

Driver wasn't indicating, but it was at least 60 metres before the lights
anyway, so it's irrelevant

If so, that would seem to be a very sensible maneouvre.

Why?

Old February 9th 09, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

said in :

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist makes you
feel better?

This might just have been just the standard cager "this is where you
are supposed to be, in the bloody gutter, not out in the carriageway
holding up the important people!" message.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old February 9th 09, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

OG wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
OG wrote:
"Halmyre" wrote in message
[...]

If he was turning left 60m farther on, how is it irrelevant?

If so, that would seem to be a very sensible maneouvre.

Have you never heard or read about accidents at junctions when cyclists
(attempt to) undertake a left-turning vehicle?

Old February 9th 09, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

said in :

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist makes you
feel better?

This might just have been just the standard cager "this is where you
are supposed to be, in the bloody gutter, not out in the carriageway
holding up the important people!" message.

Only up to a point, Lord Copper.

The "complaint" was about a driver moving left, which it is assumed he did in
order to prevent himself from being undertaken. The maneouvre would not, on
the face of it, prevent offside overtaking.
Old February 9th 09, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

OG wrote:

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist
makes you feel better?

Presumably the same sort of petty-minded little tw@t who, when stuck in a
slow-moving queue on the motorway, will deliberately move over to obstruct
motorcycles.

My grate frend Uncle Marvo reports that a steel-toecapped boot tends to get
the message across; removal of the wing mirror being optional.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old February 9th 09, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

Dave Larrington wrote:
OG wrote:

How bitter do you have to be if deliberately obstructing a cyclist
makes you feel better?

Presumably the same sort of petty-minded little tw@t who, when stuck in a
slow-moving queue on the motorway, will deliberately move over to obstruct
motorcycles.

My grate frend Uncle Marvo reports that a steel-toecapped boot tends to get
the message across; removal of the wing mirror being optional.

Had a bloke open a door on me once, couldn't close it again on account
of a motorbike being in the way. Quite an amusing standoff.

Disgusting. Motorbike pretender. tobbogonist Unicycling 14 November 17th 07 10:52 AM
Motorbike abuse CoyoteBoy UK 26 April 30th 07 12:43 PM
Motorbike petition of interest. Martin Dann UK 5 December 28th 06 04:09 PM
Lance's motorbike .. elyob UK 3 July 19th 05 03:48 PM
Motorbike (etc.) morons on bridleways Chris Bardell UK 30 August 24th 04 07:55 AM