What a Glorious ride!

Old February 5th 04, 08:32 AM
Lee

Default What a Glorious ride!

Just enjoyed the ride in SO much this morning I felt a post was in order :-)

The first dry, warm morning for quite a while - i was waterproofless and it
felt brilliant... Also I encountered the rarest of rare things this
monring.... a TAILWIND! I didnt think they existed!

It felt the whole world was with me whilst i rode into work listening to the
melodic chimes of The Thrills. I couldve rode another 8 miles!

Ahhhh i feel all relaxed now and ready for the ride home :-) just hope
there is no wind and its dryish!

Lee

Old February 5th 04, 08:54 PM
the Mark

Lee wrote:
Just enjoyed the ride in SO much this morning I felt a post
was in order :-)

The first dry, warm morning for quite a while - i was
waterproofless and it felt brilliant... Also I encountered
the rarest of rare things this monring.... a TAILWIND! I
didnt think they existed!

It felt the whole world was with me whilst i rode into work
listening to the melodic chimes of The Thrills. I couldve
rode another 8 miles!

Ahhhh i feel all relaxed now and ready for the ride home :-)
just hope there is no wind and its dryish!

Lee

I had the opposite, probably the wettest ride home ever. Just
after the thunder and lightning, cycling up hill into the wind
avoiding the hailstone drifts and the rivers of water flowing
down the road. The rain was so heavy running down my face I
couldn't breath through my nose.

When I got home my wife had kindly opened the garage door for me.
I put the bike away and went to close the door and that was when
I got the biggest soaking of the day, all the water on top of the
door came straight down on me.
--
Mark

After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.

Old February 6th 04, 08:49 AM
Lee

"the Mark" wrote in message
Lee wrote:

I had the opposite, probably the wettest ride home ever. Just
after the thunder and lightning, cycling up hill into the wind
avoiding the hailstone drifts and the rivers of water flowing
down the road. The rain was so heavy running down my face I
couldn't breath through my nose.

When I got home my wife had kindly opened the garage door for me.
I put the bike away and went to close the door and that was when
I got the biggest soaking of the day, all the water on top of the
door came straight down on me.
--
Mark

After thinking long about a signature I've decided not to bother.

Oh dear! If it makes you feel any better, my ride home was atrocious.
Discovered ANOTHER (thats 4 in 2 weeks) puncture to my rear wheel - quick
ride to Halfords, changed, new tyre etc. then ride home as fast as possible
as had to be somewhere that night - record time home im sure, but the wind
was against me (REALLY REALLY against me) and stupid parking and peds didnt
help matters - so i had a nice relaxing ride in but felt like an axe
murderer when i got home!

Dads, Where did you ride on Fathers Day? aspenmike Unicycling 22 June 29th 04 10:42 PM
Sunday's ride Mikefule Unicycling 19 May 6th 04 04:54 PM
Another interminable write up of a ride Mikefule Unicycling 9 April 1st 04 05:15 AM
Cades Cove Loop Ride... chirokid Unicycling 14 November 3rd 03 12:55 PM
Mountain Bike Club Wouldnt Let Me Ride deadlydes Unicycling 8 October 7th 03 12:05 AM