No Milan-San Remo on OLN Canada

Old March 21st 05, 02:42 AM
Jason Spaceman

Default No Milan-San Remo on OLN Canada

I thought OLN Canada was supposed to show Milan-San Remo tonight at
7:30pm, but when I turn to the channel they are showing dog sled
racing. Anybody know what's up?

Did OLN USA show Milan-San Remo as part of their Orgasym Sundays?

Man, Canucks get screwed again.

J. Spaceman

Old March 21st 05, 03:38 AM
Bob Schwartz

Jason Spaceman wrote:
Man, Canucks get screwed again.

If your ISP has binary newsgroups you are not screwed. Unless
you are hung up on English language commentary.

www.binsearch.com, search on msr.

Thank you Mr Raket.

Bob Schwartz

Old March 21st 05, 11:33 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:38:35 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
www.binsearch.info, search on msr.

(url repaired).

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old March 21st 05, 01:50 PM
Jason Spaceman

Thanks. I'm not too familiar with downloading uuencoded files. I installed
nzbget in Linux and it appears to be working. Has anybody here used nzbget?
Does it give a warning if all the parts of a binary aren't available? Does it
stitch all the parts together after downloading them, or do I need another
program to do that?

J. Spaceman

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:38:35 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
www.binsearch.info, search on msr.

(url repaired).

--
My email address ) is fake. Email sent to it
will only get caught in my spam tarpit.
Old March 21st 05, 01:56 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

The supplied nzb-file refers to part 8 which failed to upload
completely, so I guess it's kinda useless. Just collect all the separate
".part0x.rar" files, and use unrar (google) to unpack the archive. Use
quickpar (google) to repair the archive using the supplied .par2 files.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old March 21st 05, 04:29 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:04:15 -0500, Jason Spaceman wrote:
Is there a .torrent file that I can use to download the file instead?

No.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
The supplied nzb-file refers to part 8 which failed to upload
completely, so I guess it's kinda useless. Just collect all the separate
".part0x.rar" files, and use unrar (google) to unpack the archive. Use
quickpar (google) to repair the archive using the supplied .par2 files.

I should clarify: the whole post is not useless, just the .nzb file.
There are already a few reposts of parts, it should be easy to get all
the .rar files complete.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old March 22nd 05, 12:10 AM
Jesse T

Jason Spaceman wrote:

Is there a .torrent file that I can use to download the file instead?

J. Spaceman

Torrents require trackers, and someone sitting there willing to upload.
For files like this which are not very popular (compared to movies,
porn, etc) torrents don't work very well. Ewoud tried for a while, but
his up connection is too slow, and not enough people become seeders.

Usenet is great for unpopluar files like bike racing, because once
uploaded, it doesn't matter how many people DL as long as they have a
good ISP. Luckily, after Ewoud got shut down, Mr. Raket stepped in and
started uploading files to alt.binaries.multimedia.sport.

Jenko was right about emule, I was able to pull Stage 5 & 6 of Paris
Nice from there. Danish TV i think?
Old March 22nd 05, 01:20 AM
Jason Spaceman

Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I ran unrar and it unpacked
and created 4 files:

20050319_msr_sprint.mpg (4067KB)
20050319_msr_cipressa.mpg (99229KB)
20050319_msr_finish.mpg (26216KB)
20050319_msr_poggio.mpg (63025KB)

I ran quickpar on one of the par2 files (for example
msr05.vol00+01.par2) and it checked each of the rar files and finally
said "Repair not needed". Although a couple of the files I downloaded
from Usenet were broken (msr05.part08.rar_broken and
msr05.vol07+08.par2_broken).

So do I have the complete Milan-San Remo experience, ready for
viewing? Or am I missing something?

J. Spaceman

Old March 22nd 05, 03:59 AM
Jesse T

Jason Spaceman wrote:

Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I ran unrar and it unpacked
and created 4 files:

20050319_msr_sprint.mpg (4067KB)
20050319_msr_cipressa.mpg (99229KB)
20050319_msr_finish.mpg (26216KB)
20050319_msr_poggio.mpg (63025KB)

I ran quickpar on one of the par2 files (for example
msr05.vol00+01.par2) and it checked each of the rar files and finally
said "Repair not needed". Although a couple of the files I downloaded
from Usenet were broken (msr05.part08.rar_broken and
msr05.vol07+08.par2_broken).

So do I have the complete Milan-San Remo experience, ready for
viewing? Or am I missing something?

J. Spaceman

You have the complete MSR experience as uploaded to a.b.m.s. The
climbs, the final 2k, the replay. That's what I got, at least.