Driver admits killing Marine cyclist

Old October 8th 05, 06:51 PM
Wayne Pein

Default Driver admits killing Marine cyclist

Howard Kveck wrote:

Who's writing in circles? What I'm saying is pretty straightforward, and all
goes back to your disconnect between "teaching motorists to respect" cyclists

I never wrote that. Must be a fabrication of yours.

and you not "giving a ****" if you delay motorists,

No, I don't feel guilty about delaying them when such delay is warranted.

as well as the further
disconnect between your attitude and how motorists may perceive you (and how
their perceptions of you and your attitude affects their dealings wwith other
cyclists).

This is conjecture from you, a keyboard prognosticator.

You appear to have a sense of entitlement ("my lane")

Yes.

and a sense of
victimhood (equating "Bicyclist segregation" with the civil rights movement).

Yes, when such segregationist facilities are implemented.

In
short, you come across as a horse's ass. Get it?

No.

Howard, you should spend more time learning about cycling and less
berating others on usenet.

Wayne

Old October 8th 05, 07:06 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Steven Bornfeld wrote:

But will we bail out GM and Ford like we did Chrysler?

IIRC, the gummint provided loan guarantees, kind of like a co-signer,
not actual loans. Am I incorrect in thinking that (although that is
still government support)?

Darn Carl, you've sent me googling this. Apparently you're right:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=business

I say apparently, because in this kind of thing there commonly is tax
relief as well, but I cannot find details.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old October 8th 05, 07:40 PM
Carl Sundquist

Wayne Pein wrote:

and you not "giving a ****" if you delay motorists,

No, I don't feel guilty about delaying them when such delay is warranted.

Who gets to decide what is warranted?

Old October 8th 05, 07:51 PM
Kyle Legate

Wayne Pein wrote:
Howard Kveck wrote:

Who's writing in circles? What I'm saying is pretty
straightforward, and all goes back to your disconnect between
"teaching motorists to respect" cyclists

I never wrote that. Must be a fabrication of yours.

You did write it, more or less...

From Oct. 3: "They suck because motorists can be assholes. So train
motorists to be
respectful of others. Don't push bicyclists out of their way and give
them what they want. Or add another real lane, not a bike lane. "
Old October 8th 05, 07:52 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

and you not "giving a ****" if you delay motorists,

No, I don't feel guilty about delaying them when such delay is warranted.

Who gets to decide what is warranted?

In situations like this, before answering I ask myself what the price
is for being wrong.
When I was 18 I thought I was going to live forever--not anymore. And
I have a lot to live for.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old October 8th 05, 11:44 PM
Wayne Pein

Kyle Legate wrote:

Wayne Pein wrote:

From Oct. 3: "They suck because motorists can be assholes. So train
motorists to be
respectful of others. Don't push bicyclists out of their way and give
them what they want. Or add another real lane, not a bike lane. "

Ah yes, more or less.

But there is zero disconnect between desiring that motorists not harass
or intimidate bicyclists and my right to use as much of the lane as I
feel appropriate for the conditions then existing.

Wayne

Old October 9th 05, 01:53 AM
Curtis L. Russell

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:06:01 GMT, Mark & Steven Bornfeld
wrote:

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Steven Bornfeld wrote:

But will we bail out GM and Ford like we did Chrysler?

IIRC, the gummint provided loan guarantees, kind of like a co-signer,
not actual loans. Am I incorrect in thinking that (although that is
still government support)?

Darn Carl, you've sent me googling this. Apparently you're right:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=business

I say apparently, because in this kind of thing there commonly is tax
relief as well, but I cannot find details.

Steve

Back then there were more built in carry forwards and carry backs that
tax relief would probably not be required if they had substantial
losses in any recent years. They'd give up their credits, but that
would be more than offset by recapture of any taxes paid.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old October 9th 05, 05:54 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Wayne Pein wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote:

Who's writing in circles? What I'm saying is pretty straightforward, and
all goes back to your disconnect between "teaching motorists to respect"
cyclists

I never wrote that. Must be a fabrication of yours.

Hmmm, let's see now:

"They suck because motorists can be assholes. So train motorists to be
respectful of others."

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...e3447b3?hl=en&

If you want to argue that one (circles, right?), it'll be you playing
semantics. And getting ignored for it.

and you not "giving a ****" if you delay motorists,

No, I don't feel guilty about delaying them when such delay is warranted.

"When I ride on a busy narrow road I use the whole lane, making it my
bike lane."

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...1adc8ae?hl=en&

I guess it depends on what one considers "warranted delay".

as well as the further disconnect between your attitude and how motorists
may perceive you (and how their perceptions of you and your attitude affects
their dealings wwith other cyclists).

This is conjecture from you, a keyboard prognosticator.

Well, I base my conjecture about your attitude on what I have been reading in
here, and my conjecture on the attitudes of motorist from conversations with
them on this subject. So call it an educated guess. A good one, too.

In short, you come across as a horse's ass. Get it?

No.

Howard, you should spend more time learning about cycling and less
berating others on usenet.

More time learning about cycling? I'm always learning about it, but I'd be
willing to bet that I've been at it a hell of a lot longer than you, have a lot
more miles in, and (most importantly to this discussion) a smaller number of
****ed off motorists. As for berating you, well, sometimes you just have to call
'em as you see 'em.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old October 9th 05, 09:45 PM
Wayne Pein

Howard Kveck wrote:

In article ,
Wayne Pein wrote:

More time learning about cycling? I'm always learning about it, but I'd be
willing to bet that I've been at it a hell of a lot longer than you, have a lot
more miles in, and (most importantly to this discussion) a smaller number of
****ed off motorists. As for berating you, well, sometimes you just have to call
'em as you see 'em.

Howard,

From what you write, your alleged time on a bike hasn't taught you a
thing about effectively riding one. As far as I know, you've never
written anything useful or published any work on bicycling. In short,
you may be old, but you are still ignorant of bicycling. I like to make
notches on my bedpost of ****ed off motorists. How do you keep track?

Wayne

Old October 10th 05, 12:16 AM
Steven Bornfeld

Wayne Pein wrote:

Howard,

From what you write, your alleged time on a bike hasn't taught you a
thing about effectively riding one. As far as I know, you've never
written anything useful or published any work on bicycling. In short,
you may be old, but you are still ignorant of bicycling. I like to make
notches on my bedpost of ****ed off motorists. How do you keep track?

Wow...where is Kurgan when you need him?

Steve

Wayne

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl {\f0\fswiss\fcharset0
Arial;}}