Habanero Ti

Old March 20th 17, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Habanero Ti

On 3/19/2017 8:54 PM, wrote:
So on this Ti do I need anti seize instead of grease and should I do a yearly pull of crank and BB. I don't do it with my bikes now but Ti can cause galv corrosion with Al. I don't think these is any al on the bike as such.

Yes, use anti seize paste where another metal touches titanium.
No aluminum? How about head cups?
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/PARDOOX.JPG

PLus BB cups, FD clamp, seatpost and so on.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old March 20th 17, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Yes I was aware of those points but it does clear it up. Has external headset most of the bikes these days do not but can I assume that is a good thing? Certainly no press fit BB s for me

Deacon Mark
Old March 20th 17, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 10:20:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I don't expect it to have magic riding qualities but hoping it will be even soother than my CF. I remember my old steel Schwinn Traveler fro about 1991 was aqua green. Frankly road pretty good much better than any Al bike. Not as cutting fast and nimble as my CF but not harsh.

The whole Ti frame is different in Geometry so I wonder how that will be.

Middle of the road. He felt strongly about it.
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/...nero_3066.html

Old March 20th 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Nope, not nuts, I don't think. I've been watching CL for one.

This'n looks a little small
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/bik/5996915344.html
Old March 20th 17, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/20/2017 2:36 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

Nope, not nuts, I don't think. I've been watching CL for one.

This'n looks a little small
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/bik/5996915344.html

What's a Delphi Fracker? A chain snaplink or special
handlebar plug or an SUV repellant spray?

Old March 21st 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 5:49:22 PM UTC-7, wrote:
/
??? I'll assume SOL means "Sh-t Out of Luck". Right? Anyway, if you bought the Colnago bike NEW, as you state, why couldn't you get warranty work on it? Most warranties are for the original owner. And extend for years/forever if its a manufacturing defect. Why didn't you just take your bought NEW bike back to the shop and say give me a warranty replacement? It sounds like truth and your stories don't add up correctly.

That was a misprint. I did NOT buy it new. In fact, I don't think I've ever bought a new bike frame.

Old March 21st 17, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:28:31 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/20/2017 2:36 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

Nope, not nuts, I don't think. I've been watching CL for one.

This'n looks a little small
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/bik/5996915344.html

What's a Delphi Fracker? A chain snaplink or special
handlebar plug or an SUV repellant spray?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Andrew - what do you think of anti-sieze in a bottom bracket?
Old March 21st 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 10:04:51 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 18:54:17 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

So on this Ti do I need anti seize instead of grease and should I do

a yearly pull of crank and BB. I don't do it with my bikes now but Ti
can cause galv corrosion with Al. I don't think these is any al on the
bike as such.

Titanium is quite far down the galvanic tables and generally speaking
tends to become the cathode (most protected) part of a galvanic
corrosion circuit. The Anode (least protected) is the part that is
eroded away.

The logical thing to do is to protect any major or long term threaded
parts with a anti seize of some sort. I have installed stainless parts
into aluminum a famous corrosion sandwich in the presence of an
electrolyte), using an anti seize, and removed them several years
later with no evidence of corrosion.
--
Cheers,

John B.

John, you said you were accredited at welding titanium. As I recall you weren't supposed to lift off a weld and then restart immediately. You were supposed to let it cool down first. On the original ti frames you could see this because they always had to reposition the frame in the welding stand. But now that they grind the welds down smooth you can't see where to watch for problems anymore.
Old March 21st 17, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 3/21/2017 10:15 AM, wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:28:31 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 3/20/2017 2:36 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

Nope, not nuts, I don't think. I've been watching CL for one.

This'n looks a little small
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/bik/5996915344.html

What's a Delphi Fracker? A chain snaplink or special
handlebar plug or an SUV repellant spray?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Andrew - what do you think of anti-sieze in a bottom bracket?

For threads or press-in against titanium it's standard
practice and highly recommended.

"in" a BB, used as a lubricant for bearings? That's dumb,
don't do it.

Habanero? Doug Landau Techniques 22 January 25th 17 07:18 PM
Habanero ? kolldata Techniques 7 February 7th 11 01:07 AM
Built the Habanero [email protected] General 15 October 5th 07 08:36 AM
Help me fix Habanero mt bike? [email protected] Techniques 50 September 9th 04 07:32 AM
Help me fix Habanero mt bike? [email protected] Mountain Biking 10 August 27th 04 08:09 PM