Hi-vis policy failure.

Old December 12th 09, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Hi-vis policy failure.

On 12 Dec, 14:56, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:24:17 -0000, "Simon Mason"

wrote:
So they are asking if anyone has any bright ideas so solve the problem.

Use intrinsically safe lamps. *Many available such as :-

http://www.intrinsically-safe-instru...ally-safe-torc...

http://www.samplerewards.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Pro....

https://www.magnalight.com/pc-1649-57-explosion-proof-led-flashlight-...

https://www.magnalight.com/pc-1744-57-explosion-proof-headlight--clas...

They rejected those in 2005 as "too expensive" at £70, maybe they will
think again.
Ta!
--
Simon Mason
Old December 12th 09, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 08:24:02 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

They rejected those in 2005 as "too expensive" at £70, maybe they will
think again.

You could always try

http://www.batteriesdirect.co.uk/cat...roducts_id=864

ATEX approved at £10, plus you will need a couple of elastic bands to
mount them!

ATEX Head torch is £28

http://cpc.farnell.com/energizer/632...tex/dp/LA03431

Old December 12th 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly Polly

wrote:
So they are asking if anyone has any bright ideas so solve the problem.

Use intrinsically safe lamps. Many available such as :-

http://www.intrinsically-safe-instru...ally-safe-torc...

http://www.samplerewards.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Pro...

https://www.magnalight.com/pc-1649-57-explosion-proof-led-flashlight-...

https://www.magnalight.com/pc-1744-57-explosion-proof-headlight--clas...

They rejected those in 2005 as "too expensive" at £70, maybe they will
think again.
Ta!
--
Simon Mason

Life's cheap in Hedon
Old December 14th 09, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PoB

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

| So they are asking if anyone has any bright ideas so solve the problem.
| Needless to say, older readers of urc will know that I am going to stay
| *well* away from making any suggestions, but maybe someone else could have
| go.

Bioluminescence

Just get common or garden grass - the lawn variety* - mix in some of that
funky DNA that those chaps got the Nobel Prize for, you know, it can make
anything glow, shake well, plant liberally, perfect for lane markings to
keep those cars safe from the irresponsible cyclists

Any bonuses for the idea to the usual envelope.

All the best,

pOB

*If you get the Dutch Variety, apply to management types, shake well, and
just maybe you'll instill a bit of common sense, frankly though, I fear my
first idea has a shorter time frame than "common sense"

U.r.c.m Moderation policy Simon Brooke[_2_] UK 120 July 10th 09 01:31 AM
CTC Helmet Policy judith UK 112 August 1st 08 05:33 PM
BMA hasn't changed its helmet policy Mark McNeill UK 14 July 1st 07 07:32 AM
Appropriate Use Policy [email protected] Recumbent Biking 81 February 16th 05 01:40 AM
MET Helmet Replacement Policy dannyfrankszzz UK 1 December 13th 04 11:03 PM