Oh how I laughed!

Old October 3rd 10, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Default Oh how I laughed!

Peter Keller wrote:
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 23:16:38 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Does your bike have Peppa Pig or Thomas the Tank Engine decals?

Mine has Donald Duck!

Mine has Sheldon Brown. And I'm smart enough to have applied it myself
without having to call on the services of a Handyman ;-)

Tony

Old October 3rd 10, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"OG" wrote in message

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard,
is a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

I had to go around a couple of shops during a lunchbreak a couple of weeks
ago, a round trip journey of a mile and a half or so in city centre
Manchester.

No problem with my bike - I was back in 20 minutes. No problems parking,
no problems with congestion. And every minute cycling was a joy.

I'm sorry that your life is apparently so dismal.

It's not dismal - he gets pleasure out of others' misfortune. Be fair!

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old October 3rd 10, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Peter Keller" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 23:16:38 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Does your bike have Peppa Pig or Thomas the Tank Engine decals?

Mine have a scorpion, for my birth sign.

Old October 3rd 10, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Justin Lewis" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:20:57 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Went out to do a job this morning & saw a cyclist with a puncture. Lovely
weather - that fine drizzle that soaks you to the skin - I was glad to be
in
my nice warm dry van.

Did you laugh in the way that laugh when I see vans and cars crawling
through the South East of England, liable for the congestion charge,
unable to find parking spaces with unhealthy overweight unfit
frustrated drivers brimming with road rage cutting each other up to
gain 20 yards?

I don't laugh at them, I feel sorry for them. In Hull when some lorry driver
capsizes on the dock's road the whole city grinds to a halt. On my way to
work one lunchtime, such an event occurred and I saw a woman trying to edge
out onto a gridlocked main road, the look of terror on her face as she
realised she would be stuck there for many hours was sad.

Old October 3rd 10, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

"Simon Mason" wrote:

I don't laugh at them, I feel sorry for them.

I go most places by train & Brommie these days but I must admit to
having a traffic app on my iPad for the schadenfreude of seeing the
congestion I'm avoiding.

A colleague recently expresses surprise I had taken the train as it took
me three and a half hours to get there and her only two and a half
driving until I pointed out she had just wasted two and a half hours
holding a steering wheel while I had wasted half an hour changing trains
and the rest I had spent in comfort reading, relaxing and getting some
work done.

But some people seem to have lots of time to waste.

--
Tony
Old October 3rd 10, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote:

Went out to do a job this morning & saw a cyclist with a puncture.
Lovely weather - that fine drizzle that soaks you to the skin - I
was glad to be in my nice warm dry van.

Did you laugh in the way that laugh when I see vans and cars crawling
through the South East of England, liable for the congestion charge,
unable to find parking spaces with unhealthy overweight unfit
frustrated drivers brimming with road rage cutting each other up to
gain 20 yards?

Why would you assume that all car/van drivers are unhealthy overweight &
unfit? If those vans contain scaffolders, plasterers, brickies or first fix
chippies they are going to be fitter than you will ever be.

And why do you ****** cyclists think cycling is the only form of exercise?

Two hours later I drove home and he was still there, although he had
a cyclist bum chum trying to help.

What is it with the ill-educated mebers of the British population that
makes them so homophobic? Public school?

Ill educated & public school? Seems like your education is severly limited.

And what makes you think I'm homophobic? Did I say there was anything wrong
with him having a bum chum?

If cyclists dress in pink lycra and look like extras in a gay rave movie,
people will make assumptions.

Quite made my day.

If that is what makes your day, thank the Lord for the vapidity of
your existence.

Of course, had the silly sod chosen a viable form of transport like
a car, he would have had a complete spare wheel....

And, if everyone were to attempt to emulate your lifestyle, gone
looking for the 6 to 8 extar planets we would need to support his
choice.

98% of journeys are made by car/van - 2% by push bike. Looks like they are
already emulating the lifestyle. The planet is still here.

Please continue to use the vernacular in your reply: it is really
quite charming. Do you give any tuition in that regard?

Alas no. I could give you a few lessions in 'how not to be a complete
****wit' if you like?

Old October 3rd 10, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Why would you assume that all car/van drivers are unhealthy overweight &
unfit? If those vans contain scaffolders, plasterers, brickies or first
fix chippies they are going to be fitter than you will ever be.

Almost professional athletes!

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2009/03/3...-crack-for-1m/

Old October 3rd 10, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 08:43:29 +0100, Tony Raven
wrote:

Peter Keller wrote:
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 23:16:38 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Does your bike have Peppa Pig or Thomas the Tank Engine decals?

Mine has Donald Duck!

Mine has Sheldon Brown. And I'm smart enough to have applied it myself
without having to call on the services of a Handyman ;-)

Well reminded. I have one remaining "Sheldon Is My Copilot" sticker
which I must affix to the new Brom, as I did to the old.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/
The usenet price promise: all opinions offered in newsgroups are guaranteed
Old October 3rd 10, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin Lewis[_3_]

Snip Handycrap

Why would you assume that all car/van drivers are unhealthy overweight &
unfit? If those vans contain scaffolders, plasterers, brickies or first fix
chippies they are going to be fitter than you will ever be.

Back that up with some figures about cardio-vascularity, strength,
flexibility and co-ordination please. I have my test results and the
average for amateur cyclists ready.
And why do you ****** cyclists think cycling is the only form of exercise?

I am intrigued as to which posting contains this thought. Could you
quote it? Is it signed by all ****** cyclists? Would it also be he
thought of a non-cycling ******? would it also be thought of a non-
wanking cyclist?
What is a cyclist? Someone who owns a bike but no car? Someone who
owns both? A cyclist in his car?
Old October 4th 10, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Snip Handycrap

average for amateur cyclists ready.And why do you ****** cyclists think cycling is the only form of exercise?

I am intrigued as to which posting contains this thought. Could you
quote it? Is it signed by all ****** cyclists? Would it also be he
thought of a non-cycling ******? would it also be thought of a non-
wanking cyclist?
What is a cyclist? Someone who owns a bike but no car? Someone who
owns both? A cyclist in his car?

Only one question at at time - PLEASE!

--
Simon Mason