Street/Trials riding and 'Hard' Pavement Tires

Old December 4th 05, 05:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Street/Trials riding and 'Hard' Pavement Tires

Can anyone post experiences of using tyres specifically designed for
Pavement use on Street/Trials unicycles? All that I've seen have been
these massively-knobbly (usually Maxxis Creepy Crawler) tyres, and I'm
wondering how far experimentation with different tires has gone. Do
the BMX riders' Vert/Street tyres suit us, or are we best to stick with
the common ones?

A quick search turned up some tires such as the 'IRC Tire \"Lovers
Soul\"' (http://www.irctire.com/tires/lovers_soul_bmx.html), any
opinions on whether it's worth considering some experimentation into
specifically Pavement tyres for Urban trials would be appreciated
greatly! (Though I haven't checked out the price yet, looks like it
could be kinda pricey )

-Matt

--
Matt.Weston
Matt.Weston's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11149

Old December 4th 05, 05:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Matt.Weston wrote:
Can anyone post experiences of using tyres specifically designed for
Pavement use on Street/Trials unicycles? All that I've seen have been
these massively-knobbly (usually Maxxis Creepy Crawler) tyres, and I'm
wondering how far experimentation with different tires has gone. Do
the BMX riders' Vert/Street tyres suit us, or are we best to stick with
the common ones?

A quick search turned up some tires such as the 'IRC Tire \"Lovers
Soul\"' (http://www.irctire.com/tires/lovers_soul_bmx.html), any
opinions on whether it's worth considering some experimentation into
specifically Pavement tyres for Urban trials would be appreciated
greatly! (Though I haven't checked out the price yet, looks like it
could be kinda pricey )

-Matt

if you have a 19'' rim, you are pretty much stuck with a trials tire.
If you have a true 20", you can trya wide bmx tire. That 1.85 is too
narrow for hopping, IMO, but check out maxxis's tires in somethng 2.2
or 2.1 or so

--
DK

*\"faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of
death.\" - hunter s. thompson*
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old December 4th 05, 05:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

DK wrote:
if you have a 19'' rim, you are pretty much stuck with a trials tire

I hadn't thought of that, the rim size slipped my mind... heh. Thanks
for clearing that up

Old July 12th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
extremtrialist

i have a Maxxis Ringworm on my uni and i love it. it's smooth and it
grips very well. same think for the hookworm.

and it's cheap !!!

--
extremtrialist
extremtrialist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12656

Old July 12th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trialfreek

Kenda kinetics. It's got enogh nobbiness for gripping but still rides
smooth and it dosn't fold and get pinch flats. And the k-rad is
alright.

--
trialfreek
trialfreek's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12426