Pinarello Monviso

Old January 10th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
k2

Default Pinarello Monviso

I can't seem to find the specs on this. A 2000 Pinarello Monviso frame,
Italian or English threaded BB? Anyone?
thanks,
Karl
Please remove the killspam portion of
my return address if replying directly
Old January 10th 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

k2 wrote:
I can't seem to find the specs on this. A 2000 Pinarello Monviso frame,
Italian or English threaded BB? Anyone?
thanks,
Karl

I'd be amazed if it was anything but ITA. (I've had 3 Pinarello's, none
that old, though.)

Joseph

Old January 10th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
sergio

wrote:
I'd be amazed if it was anything but ITA. (I've had 3 Pinarello's, none
that old, though.)

Me too, covering much older frames.

Sergio
Pisa

Old January 10th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

k2 wrote:
I can't seem to find the specs on this. A 2000 Pinarello Monviso frame,
Italian or English threaded BB? Anyone?
thanks,
Karl
Please remove the killspam portion of
my return address if replying directly

yes, all Pinarellos are the far superior Italiano BB threading...

Old January 10th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Dacey

"Fallacia sunt dicti absoluta." - Sheldonicus

On 10 Jan 2007 06:01:37 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:

yes, all Pinarellos are the far superior Italiano BB threading...

That's not entirely true (on perhaps more than one level). Some
Pinarello models now have English bottom bracket shells (e.g.,
Galileo, Suprise Pista among others).

-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Comprehensive catalogue of track equipment: online since 1996
http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------
Old January 10th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

yes, all Pinarellos are the far superior Italiano BB threading...

That's not entirely true (on perhaps more than one level). Some
Pinarello models now have English bottom bracket shells (e.g.,
Galileo, Suprise Pista among others).

Argh! I haven't felt so let down since Alfa Romeo went front-wheel
drive!

Joseph

Old January 11th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

wrote:

yes, all Pinarellos are the far superior Italiano BB threading...

That's not entirely true (on perhaps more than one level). Some
Pinarello models now have English bottom bracket shells (e.g.,
Galileo, Suprise Pista among others).

I'll take your word for it, as I'm not a Pinarello dealer. Are these
made in Italy? Methinks they are made 'off shore'. So all Italian made
Pinarellos are the far superior Italian BB threading.