Reg plates

Old February 26th 10, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marie

Default Reg plates

.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

"I was nearly knocked down last month when I was alighting from Bus
Service 189 at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

A cyclist sped past me a split second before I stepped off the bus.

I was shocked - the cyclist did not bother to stop to see if I was
hurt.

The need for bicycle licences were done away many years ago.

But in a hit-and-run accident involving a cyclist and a pedestrian,
how can any victim - or passers-by - identify the cyclist if there is
no licence plate?"

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/ED...-run-offenders

Marie
Old February 27th 10, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:15:46 -0800 (PST), Marie
wrote:

.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

"I was nearly knocked down last month when I was alighting from Bus
Service 189 at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

A cyclist sped past me a split second before I stepped off the bus.

I was shocked - the cyclist did not bother to stop to see if I was
hurt.

The need for bicycle licences were done away many years ago.

But in a hit-and-run accident involving a cyclist and a pedestrian,
how can any victim - or passers-by - identify the cyclist if there is
no licence plate?"

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/ED...-run-offenders

Marie

My (well KeithT 's) suggestion:

--
Many cyclists are proving the need for registration by their contempt for the Highway Code and laws.

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance, and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly visible on the back of mandatory hi-viz vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.
(With thanks to KeithT for the idea)

Old February 27th 10, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 26 Feb, 23:15, Marie wrote:
*.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

"I was nearly knocked down last month when I was alighting from Bus
Service 189 at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

A cyclist sped past me a split second before I stepped off the bus.

I was shocked - the cyclist did not bother to stop to see if I was
hurt.

The need for bicycle licences were done away many years ago.

But in a hit-and-run accident involving a cyclist and a pedestrian,
how can any victim - or passers-by - identify the cyclist if there is
no licence plate?"

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/ED...-do-we-identif...

Marie

Of course, what you can do with a cyclist, which you can't do with a
much more dangerous motorist, is shove them off their bike.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
Old February 27th 10, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
On 26 Feb, 23:15, Marie wrote:
[...]

I may be mistaken but I thought I saw the words 'hit & run' in the OP

Yes, I've checked & there they are.

How do you shove a 'hit & *run*' cyclist off their bike?

--
Tony Dragon
Old February 27th 10, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Fri, Marie wrote:
.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

"I was nearly knocked down last month when I was alighting from Bus
Service 189 at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

A cyclist sped past me a split second before I stepped off the bus.

I was shocked - the cyclist did not bother to stop to see if I was
hurt.

Newsflash:

Cyclist didn't make contact with a pedestrian, but failed to stop and
apologise for not hitting them. How can this menace be stopped?

In other news:

A motorist paid his tax due just before the old one expired and
wasn't prosecuted.

--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old February 27th 10, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:21:06 +0000, Tony Dragon
wrote:

Doug wrote:
On 26 Feb, 23:15, Marie wrote:
[...]

Just to be pedantic, althought the OP talked about "hit and run",
"Sped past me" and "a split second before I stepped off the bus"
doesn't constitute "hit".
But I do not at all condone reckless cycling, any more than I condone
reckless driving.
Old February 27th 10, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim A

Marie wrote:
.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

This argument will inevitably end (if we let it) in all of us having
surgically-implanted RFID tags.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old February 27th 10, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly Polly

Ian Smith wrote:
On Fri, Marie wrote:
.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

"I was nearly knocked down last month when I was alighting from Bus
Service 189 at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

A cyclist sped past me a split second before I stepped off the bus.

I was shocked - the cyclist did not bother to stop to see if I was
hurt.

Newsflash:

Cyclist didn't make contact with a pedestrian, but failed to stop and
apologise for not hitting them. How can this menace be stopped?

In other news:

A motorist paid his tax due just before the old one expired and
wasn't prosecuted.

Let me get this straight,
the cyclist is accused of dangerous cycling and I presume he/she was an
the pavement at the time, seeing as the bus was parked at a bus-stop.
It would seem a good idea to try and stop this behaviour, I agree.

Then there's a motorist who paid tax that was due - and he was not
prosecuted.
For what? or was this a typo, s/be who *did not* pay what was due?
Or perhaps too much Sherry Mr Smith...
Old February 27th 10, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

On Feb 27, 11:58*am, Jim A wrote:
Marie wrote:
*.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

This argument will inevitably end (if we let it) in all of us having
surgically-implanted RFID tags.

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

But in the meantime somebody will be along to tell us that it would
not work with bikes because it does not work with *some* cars.

WSR
Old February 27th 10, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
delboy

On 26 Feb, 23:15, Marie wrote:
*.Seems they have trouble in other place not being able to identify
dangerous cyclists

"I was nearly knocked down last month when I was alighting from Bus
Service 189 at Bukit Batok Swimming Complex.

A cyclist sped past me a split second before I stepped off the bus.

I was shocked - the cyclist did not bother to stop to see if I was
hurt.

The need for bicycle licences were done away many years ago.

But in a hit-and-run accident involving a cyclist and a pedestrian,
how can any victim - or passers-by - identify the cyclist if there is
no licence plate?"

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/ED...-do-we-identif...

Marie

Hi Marie.

Can you please clarify if the cyclist was cycling on the pavement or
on the road?

If a bus pulls up at a bus stop, you can normally expect people to get
off on the nearside and maybe try to cross the road. As an observant
motorist or cyclist you should make allowances for this possibility as
part of defensive (not submissive) driving or cycling.

Derek C

bc plates dunawan Unicycling 14 January 18th 07 03:19 PM
bc plates dunawan Unicycling 0 January 17th 07 02:44 AM
bc plates Brian O. Unicycling 1 January 17th 07 02:42 AM
New BC Plates litldude2 Unicycling 1 July 7th 06 10:12 PM
New BC Plates iridemymuni Unicycling 13 July 7th 06 02:51 PM