Good advice here

Old October 2nd 10, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marie

Default Good advice here

http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16
Old October 2nd 10, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Oct 2, 9:56*am, Marie wrote:
http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16

Doubtless the psycholists will stand on their right to cycle wherever
they please, including down the nearside of large HGVs!
Old October 2nd 10, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 02:01:34 -0700 (PDT), Derek C
wrote:

On Oct 2, 9:56*am, Marie wrote:
http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16

Doubtless the psycholists will stand on their right to cycle wherever
they please, including down the nearside of large HGVs!

I have no idea whether your imaginary friends might do that, but it's
not relevant to the real world anyway.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/
The usenet price promise: all opinions offered in newsgroups are guaranteed
Old October 2nd 10, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 02/10/2010 10:01, Derek C wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:56 am, wrote:
http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16

Doubtless the psycholists will stand on their right to cycle wherever
they please, including down the nearside of large HGVs!

I doubt if the sensible ones would argue with the OP

--
Tony Dragon
Old October 2nd 10, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Oct 2, 9:56 am, *wrote:
http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16

Doubtless the psycholists will stand on their right to cycle wherever
they please, including down the nearside of large HGVs!

I doubt if the sensible ones would argue with the OP

Psycholists are those cyclists who are not sensible and law-abiding!

Derek C
Old October 2nd 10, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

Marie" wrote in message
http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16

Pretty much common sense.

1. Avoid cycling in the lorry risk zone at all times
If a lorry puts you in the risk zone, you must move straightaway. Brake
sharply if necessary because lorry drivers have most difficulty seeing
cyclists in this area, especially in busy traffic.

2. Don't assume a large gap between lorry and kerb is safe
When turning left, large lorries always move over to the right before they
swing sharply across to turn. Always stay out of the lorry risk zone near
junctions.

3. Take extra care around lorries at traffic lights
At traffic lights make sure you stay behind lorries or get a long way in
front of the cab, in a location where the driver can clearly see you. Use
the middle, not the left side, of the painted bike box or advanced stop line
(ASL).

4. Remember that behind a lorry is often the safest place
Behind a lorry is often the safest place to be. Whenever possible overtake a
large lorry on its right-hand side, so the driver can see you.

Old October 2nd 10, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly polly

On Oct 2, 9:56 am, wrote:
http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16

Doubtless the psycholists will stand on their right to cycle wherever
they please, including down the nearside of large HGVs!

I doubt if the sensible ones would argue with the OP

--
Tony Dragon

as far as I can see the OP hasn't said a word. Am I missing something here?

Old October 2nd 10, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On Oct 2, 9:56 am, wrote:
http://www.no-more-lethal-lorries.or....asp?PageID=16

Doubtless the psycholists will stand on their right to cycle wherever
they please, including down the nearside of large HGVs!

I doubt if the sensible ones would argue with the OP

--
Tony Dragon

as far as I can see the OP hasn't said a word. Am I missing something here?

OK, to put it another way.

It seems that a sensible cyclist would disagree with the comments made
in the given link.

--
Tony Dragon
Old October 2nd 10, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Tony Dragon wrote:

It seems that a sensible cyclist ....

Careful there or TMH will accuse you of using an oxymoron (or rather he
would if he could get beyond his Janet and John books) ;-)

Tony
Old October 2nd 10, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 02/10/2010 15:56, Tony Raven wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote:

It seems that a sensible cyclist ....

Careful there or TMH will accuse you of using an oxymoron (or rather he
would if he could get beyond his Janet and John books) ;-)

Tony

What sort of a moron? :-)

--
Tony Dragon

Good advice PeterG UK 4 September 17th 10 12:33 AM
Who will take good advice? Gray[_2_] Techniques 5 September 21st 09 02:04 AM
Any good?~Advice wanted. Biggestbtc Unicycling 12 December 25th 08 11:59 PM
Advice on good 29er with brakes? duncan Unicycling 11 June 21st 04 10:06 AM
Advice on a good hardtail. frodge Mountain Biking 48 May 29th 04 01:49 PM