Oh how I laughed!

Old October 2nd 10, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Default Oh how I laughed!

Went out to do a job this morning & saw a cyclist with a puncture. Lovely
weather - that fine drizzle that soaks you to the skin - I was glad to be in
my nice warm dry van.

Two hours later I drove home and he was still there, although he had a
cyclist bum chum trying to help.

Quite made my day.

Of course, had the silly sod chosen a viable form of transport like a car,
he would have had a complete spare wheel....

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Old October 2nd 10, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Went out to do a job this morning & saw a cyclist with a puncture. Lovely
weather - that fine drizzle that soaks you to the skin - I was glad to be
in my nice warm dry van.

Two hours later I drove home and he was still there, although he had a
cyclist bum chum trying to help.

Quite made my day.

Of course, had the silly sod chosen a viable form of transport like a car,

I have come across 4 broken down motorists on my commute in the last few
years. One each occasion, I have dismounted and helped the lone driver push
it to a safe place so that they could phone for help. On no occasion did
their fellow driver stop and help.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old October 2nd 10, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Lea[_3_]

On 02/10/2010 19:39, Simon Mason wrote:

I have come across 4 broken down motorists on my commute in the last few
years. One each occasion, I have dismounted and helped the lone driver
push it to a safe place so that they could phone for help. On no
occasion did their fellow driver stop and help.

Although to be fair, it is often much harder for a car driver to stop
and give assistance without causing an obstruction.
Old October 2nd 10, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Adam Lea" wrote in message
On 02/10/2010 19:39, Simon Mason wrote:

I have come across 4 broken down motorists on my commute in the last few
years. One each occasion, I have dismounted and helped the lone driver
push it to a safe place so that they could phone for help. On no
occasion did their fellow driver stop and help.

Although to be fair, it is often much harder for a car driver to stop and
give assistance without causing an obstruction.

I used to carry a tow rope in my boot and on several occasions in the early
80's towed cars who had run out of fuel to a filling station.

Old October 2nd 10, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 19:39:39 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

I have come across 4 broken down motorists on my commute in the last few
years. One each occasion, I have dismounted and helped the lone driver push
it to a safe place so that they could phone for help. On no occasion did
their fellow driver stop and help.

The other day I rescued a fellow cyclist. Her tyres were a bit soft
and being a big strong bloke I pumped them up for her. In the warm and
dry, since her bike was a Brompton. Once I had a breakdown on the road
on the Brom, I picked it up and walked 10 yards to the tube station
and fixed it when I got home. Delayed my journey by easily ten
minutes. Last time I had to call the RAC I seem to recall it taking
slightly longer than that.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/
The usenet price promise: all opinions offered in newsgroups are guaranteed
Old October 2nd 10, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote:

I have come across 4 broken down motorists on my commute in the last
few years. One each occasion, I have dismounted and helped the lone
driver push it to a safe place so that they could phone for help. On
no occasion did their fellow driver stop and help.

The other day I rescued a fellow cyclist. Her tyres were a bit soft
and being a big strong bloke I pumped them up for her. In the warm and
dry, since her bike was a Brompton. Once I had a breakdown on the road
on the Brom,

Does your bike have Peppa Pig or Thomas the Tank Engine decals?

Old October 2nd 10, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
Went out to do a job this morning & saw a cyclist with a puncture. Lovely
weather - that fine drizzle that soaks you to the skin - I
was glad to be in my nice warm dry van.

Two hours later I drove home and he was still there, although he had
a cyclist bum chum trying to help.

Quite made my day.

Of course, had the silly sod chosen a viable form of transport like
a car,

I have come across 4 broken down motorists on my commute in the last
few years. One each occasion, I have dismounted and helped the lone
driver push it to a safe place so that they could phone for help.

And sit in comfort, not struggle in the rain.

Old October 3rd 10, 01:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
OG

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard,
is a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

I had to go around a couple of shops during a lunchbreak a couple of weeks
ago, a round trip journey of a mile and a half or so in city centre
Manchester.

No problem with my bike - I was back in 20 minutes. No problems parking, no
problems with congestion. And every minute cycling was a joy.

I'm sorry that your life is apparently so dismal.

Old October 3rd 10, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin Lewis[_3_]

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:20:57 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Went out to do a job this morning & saw a cyclist with a puncture. Lovely
weather - that fine drizzle that soaks you to the skin - I was glad to be in
my nice warm dry van.

Did you laugh in the way that laugh when I see vans and cars crawling
through the South East of England, liable for the congestion charge,
unable to find parking spaces with unhealthy overweight unfit
frustrated drivers brimming with road rage cutting each other up to
gain 20 yards?
Two hours later I drove home and he was still there, although he had a
cyclist bum chum trying to help.

What is it with the ill-educated mebers of the British population that
makes them so homophobic? Public school? The Sun? Toilet humour?
Projection?
Quite made my day.

If that is what makes your day, thank the Lord for the vapidity of
your existence.
Of course, had the silly sod chosen a viable form of transport like a car,
he would have had a complete spare wheel....

And, if everyone were to attempt to emulate your lifestyle, gone
looking for the 6 to 8 extar planets we would need to support his
choice.

Please continue to use the vernacular in your reply: it is really
quite charming. Do you give any tuition in that regard?
Old October 3rd 10, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 23:16:38 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Does your bike have Peppa Pig or Thomas the Tank Engine decals?

Mine has Donald Duck!

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.