Neat interview

Old April 23rd 05, 09:08 PM
Cat Dailey

Default Neat interview

I just watched the Discovery Team interview on www.cycling.tv, not expecting
much. The mechanic gave an interview on the equipment that Discovery used
for various races. It was unbelievably interesting, and the mechanic seems
really cool. Ekimov has a 2nd rear brake on his shifter...there's some
really good stuff and worth a look.

My 2 cents,
Cat

Old April 23rd 05, 09:23 PM
Laz

the brake is curious; do you mean he has 2 rear wheel brakes, or 2 brake
levers ( I guess in case the 1st gets damaged on a mountainous desent) ?
would you kindly elaborate ?

I'm not surprised you found the mechanics to be interesting; in my opinion,
of all things a racing bike is one of the most sublime creations of mankind

Laz

Old April 23rd 05, 09:36 PM
Cat Dailey

Sorry, I should have been more clear. It's on his TT bike. He's got the
standard front and rear on the cowhorns, then he's got an additional rear
right up on the aerobar end where the shift lever is. It's very small and
the cable is spliced into the other rear brake cable.

Cat

Old April 23rd 05, 09:45 PM
Bill C

"Cat Dailey" wrote in message
I just watched the Discovery Team interview on www.cycling.tv,

not
expecting
much. The mechanic gave an interview on the equipment that

Discovery
used
for various races. It was unbelievably interesting, and the

mechanic
seems
really cool. Ekimov has a 2nd rear brake on his

shifter...there's some
really good stuff and worth a look.

My 2 cents,
Cat

Hey Cat
Great to hear from you again. Is Ed working TGA?

Old April 23rd 05, 10:43 PM
Cat Dailey

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Cat Dailey" wrote in message
I just watched the Discovery Team interview on www.cycling.tv,

not
expecting
much. The mechanic gave an interview on the equipment that

Discovery
used
for various races. It was unbelievably interesting, and the

mechanic
seems
really cool. Ekimov has a 2nd rear brake on his

shifter...there's some
really good stuff and worth a look.

My 2 cents,
Cat

Hey Cat
Great to hear from you again. Is Ed working TGA?

Yeah, he's been gone since last Wednesday sniff. He's pretty stoked,
though. He's the Regulator (never had one in a US race before). The other
officials are busting his chops and calling him the Terminator : He calls
me and I get all of the cool inside stuff about the race. I really only
wanted Lance's autograph, and he won't ask for me...protocol and all that
stuff.

Cat

Old April 24th 05, 01:02 PM
Bill C

Cat Dailey wrote:
"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Cat Dailey" wrote in message
[...]

Glad he's really enjoying it, especially with the weather. What'ya mean
busting his chops? That would never happen in all those long hours
after the day's stage is done...
I'll have to get all the stories from Cindi, and you know she wouldn't
be stirring anything up....
Bill C