ID for Riding

Old May 28th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

Default ID for Riding

"Peter Cole" wrote: Make sure you buy 2 so they can stuff one into your
lifeless mouth.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When I was in the Army, we wore two dog tags. It was my understanding that
if someone died in combat, they would collect one dog tag for the records,
and leave one with the body for identification. See if you can mae a joke
out of that!

Old May 29th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Thompson

On 2009-05-28, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Peter Cole" wrote: Make sure you buy 2 so they can stuff one into your
lifeless mouth.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I was in the Army, we wore two dog tags. It was my understanding that
if someone died in combat, they would collect one dog tag for the records,
and leave one with the body for identification. See if you can mae a joke
out of that!

Isn't that what he just did, or at least attempted?

--

-John )
Old May 30th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Sandlin

On 2009-05-23, Leo Lichtman wrote:
But then you need a bracelet with a message telling the ambulance crew (or
whoever) to look in your helmet. :-)

I suspect if you're unconcious, no emergency crew is going to take your
helmet off until after you've gotten to the emergency room and your
C-spine x-ray is cleared.

A lot of people with medical problems wear medical ID bracelets, so
that if they're unconscious, emergency crews will know about their
diabetes, allergies, or whatever. I think that checking for a bracelet
is SOP for emergency responders. You could put all kinds of info on a
Road ID, including DL#, phone numbers, and medical info as well. Road
ID allows (I think) four lines of info. You can even include a link
(extra charge) where you can send the responders for more current and
complete info.
Maybe I'll ask for one of those for Father's Day...

Bill (Frumious)

__o | Fear not the path of truth for the lack
_`\(,_ | of people walking on it.
(_)/ (_) | --Robert F. Kennedy

Reply:
I carry a wrist, road I.D. and it makes me feel much more
comfortable knowing that it's one of the first places
a medic is looking to either take a pulse of hook-up up an I.V. It
can't be missed. Name, address, emergency contact, allergies, blood
type, are all on there; everything they need to know to begin
assistance immediately.
And the helmet I.D. doesn't work in the real world of the
medic. When the helmet finally does get taken off (after X-rays, CAT
scan, etc, it's tossed and no one looks inside.

Climbing: riding on the tops vs riding on the brake hoods hizark21 Racing 20 July 29th 08 06:30 AM
Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear GeeDubb Mountain Biking 11 December 20th 06 02:49 AM
Speed averages between trail riding and road riding Brian Walker General 5 September 21st 05 12:39 AM
Riding LoomerMBV Mountain Biking 2 June 4th 04 12:10 PM
There's no riding like snow riding... Jonesy Mountain Biking 5 January 3rd 04 04:26 AM