ID for Riding

Old May 24th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
bluezfolk

Default ID for Riding

On May 23, 11:21*am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On May 23, 12:27*am, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Joy Beeson" wrote: * A label stuck inside the helmet costs practically

nothing, and doesn't irritate your wrist.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But then you need a bracelet with a message telling the ambulance crew (or
whoever) to look in your helmet. :-)

Tattoos. *Multiple ones, so they can ID you no matter which body parts
they manage to find.

It's the only way to be sure! *You can't be too careful! *It could
save you from anonymous burial in a pauper's grave!

- Frank Krygowski

After 9/11 my DNA was registered with some national registry when I
took my military physical. But oftentimes I wear a dog tag that I
made at Petco for about 5 bucks with my ID info.

Eric
Old May 24th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Neil Brooks writes:
On May 23, 4:18*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
For ID, I can just look in my bike mirror and say: "Yup,
that's me."

Under 40, huh?
;-)

uuuhhhhh ... ... ... yes.

Actually, 55 and still alive.

I'm just an old kid/new soul, struggling
with an ongoing conflict between my inner
Peter Pan and my inner Alice Cooper.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old May 24th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Thompson

On 2009-05-23, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Joy Beeson" wrote: A label stuck inside the helmet costs practically
nothing, and doesn't
irritate your wrist.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But then you need a bracelet with a message telling the ambulance crew (or
whoever) to look in your helmet. :-)

I suspect if you're unconcious, no emergency crew is going to take your
helmet off until after you've gotten to the emergency room and your
C-spine x-ray is cleared.

--

-John )
Old May 24th 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 2009-05-23, Leo Lichtman wrote:

But then you need a bracelet with a message telling the ambulance crew (or
whoever) to look in your helmet. :-)

I suspect if you're unconcious, no emergency crew is going to take your
helmet off until after you've gotten to the emergency room and your
C-spine x-ray is cleared.

A lot of people with medical problems wear medical ID bracelets, so
that if they're unconscious, emergency crews will know about their
diabetes, allergies, or whatever. I think that checking for a bracelet
is SOP for emergency responders. You could put all kinds of info on a
Road ID, including DL#, phone numbers, and medical info as well. Road
ID allows (I think) four lines of info. You can even include a link
(extra charge) where you can send the responders for more current and
complete info.
Maybe I'll ask for one of those for Father's Day...

Bill (Frumious)

__o | Fear not the path of truth for the lack
_`\(,_ | of people walking on it.
(_)/ (_) | --Robert F. Kennedy
Old May 26th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

On Sat, 23 May 2009 22:12:50 -0500, John Thompson
wrote:

I suspect if you're unconcious, no emergency crew is going to take your
helmet off until after you've gotten to the emergency room and your
C-spine x-ray is cleared.

Which is why you can be sure that your helmet will go to the hospital
with you. *Anything* else might be left at the scene.

The sticker in the helmet is only a back-up; I never go anywhere
without a calling card and a list of phone numbers in my pocket, and I
tend to sew a name tag in any garment I make. (Partly because a
gross of name tags costs little more than one, partly because I'm apt
to put things down and forget to pick them up again.)

A bracelet isn't a serious option for me -- ignoring the fact that my
wrist has started itching just talking about it, I'd have to remember
to put it on even though it has no use whatsoever, and a bracelet is
certain to get lost: I mislaid my Halt the other day even though Halt
clips to my helmet strap and automatically goes into my pocket when I
put on my hat and gloves -- I'm going to keep track of a limp little
bracelet?

And I'd worry about a bracelet catching on things.

I suppose I could get a bracelet, detach the information plate, and
put it on the ring with the key to my bike -- but I have a knife, a
pair of scissors, a tape measure, nail clippers, and two
frequent-shopper cards on that ring; I don't think an information
plate would be noticed even if the E.M.T.s did go through my pockets.

Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing

Old May 26th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_16_]

Joy Beeson wrote:
::
:: I suppose I could get a bracelet, detach the information plate, and
:: put it on the ring with the key to my bike -- but I have a knife, a
:: pair of scissors, a tape measure, nail clippers, and two
:: frequent-shopper cards on that ring; I don't think an information
:: plate would be noticed even if the E.M.T.s did go through my pockets.
::
:: Joy Beeson

All you need to do is get a "dog tag" with the info printed on it. I got
several and put one on my bicycle saddle, one on my key ring, etc. I saw a
guy who had laced his through his shoe laces.... These little dog tags can
be purchased at Wal-Mart (for only one source) and cost about $4.

Pat in TX

Old May 27th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

On 2009-05-22 05:32:05 -0700, Bertha said:

On Fri, 22 May 2009 05:32:33 +0000 (UTC),
defied the laws of time and space to say:

Anybody have one of these? Comments on whether they seem to be worth
the money? How much are they? (I always get suspicious when the ad
doesn't mention the price.) IIRC the bracelets are sold at
www.rideid.com or something like that.

http://www.roadid.com/common/default.aspx

They're twenty bucks, USD. I can't remember if I heard about them
here or
on another biking group I read. I've been planning to get one for my son
for his birthday, along with a bike.

-Bertha

+1 for the Road ID - I got mine last Fall and liked it so much, I
upgraded to the web version (user updated web page with all the info
available - allergies/known med conditions/extra contact numbers/doctors
contact info/etc).

I've heart issues and need a heavy dose of antibiotics before any
stitches. My uncle (also a cyclist) got me one for Xmas last year. I've
since moved across the country, so the address/contact info is outdated.
I now just keep a business card sized piece of paper with my address,
heart info, and the cell phone numbers of my roommate, special
ladyfriend, and mom.

--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old May 27th 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Pat wrote:
Joy Beeson wrote:
::
:: I suppose I could get a bracelet, detach the information plate, and
:: put it on the ring with the key to my bike -- but I have a knife, a
:: pair of scissors, a tape measure, nail clippers, and two
:: frequent-shopper cards on that ring; I don't think an information
:: plate would be noticed even if the E.M.T.s did go through my pockets.
::
:: Joy Beeson

All you need to do is get a "dog tag" with the info printed on it. I got
several and put one on my bicycle saddle, one on my key ring, etc. I saw a
guy who had laced his through his shoe laces.... These little dog tags can
be purchased at Wal-Mart (for only one source) and cost about $4.

Pat in TX

Make sure you buy 2 so they can stuff one into your lifeless mouth.
Old May 27th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_16_]

Peter Cole wrote:
:: Pat wrote:
::: Joy Beeson wrote:
:::::
::::: I suppose I could get a bracelet, detach the information plate,
::::: and put it on the ring with the key to my bike -- but I have a
::::: knife, a pair of scissors, a tape measure, nail clippers, and two
::::: frequent-shopper cards on that ring; I don't think an information
::::: plate would be noticed even if the E.M.T.s did go through my
::::: pockets.
:::::
::::: Joy Beeson
:::
::: All you need to do is get a "dog tag" with the info printed on it.
::: I got several and put one on my bicycle saddle, one on my key ring,
::: etc. I saw a guy who had laced his through his shoe laces....
::: These little dog tags can be purchased at Wal-Mart (for only one
::: source) and cost about $4.
:::
::: Pat in TX
:::
:::
::
:: Make sure you buy 2 so they can stuff one into your lifeless mouth.

Aren't you funny! Oh, wait: there is more than one definition of "funny" and
you fit it!

Pat

Old May 27th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Pat wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:
:: Pat wrote:
::: Joy Beeson wrote:
:::::
[...]

Well, you'd just have to make do until they come out with the toe tag
model...

Climbing: riding on the tops vs riding on the brake hoods hizark21 Racing 20 July 29th 08 06:30 AM
Riding Rigid, Riding One Gear GeeDubb Mountain Biking 11 December 20th 06 02:49 AM
Speed averages between trail riding and road riding Brian Walker General 5 September 21st 05 12:39 AM
Riding LoomerMBV Mountain Biking 2 June 4th 04 12:10 PM
There's no riding like snow riding... Jonesy Mountain Biking 5 January 3rd 04 04:26 AM