"pass the 'beaters"

Old September 1st 04, 01:03 AM
flyingdutch

Default "pass the 'beaters"

hippy Wrote:
I gave you a pedal people mover and you want it to TURN as well!?!

Geez! There's just no pleasing some people..

It's only good for riding along the Calder Hwy

hippy ;-)

therer's your venue for the HPV speed attempt

--
flyingdutch

Old September 1st 04, 01:08 AM
mfhor

flyingdutch Wrote:
therer's your venue for the HPV speed attempt

Aaaaaargh! When I owned a Mini with worn-out hydrolastic suspension
(BTW did you know that Alex Moulton designed this? Another story) I
almost used to go airborne over the B-Double instigated 'waves' worn in
the tarmac at the top of the outbound Keilor hill section. Strange to go
the full travel (admittedly not much) over a supposedly flat section of
road.

M 'two wheels good, four wheels bad" H

--
mfhor

Old September 1st 04, 02:12 AM
hippy

flyingdutch Wrote:
therer's your venue for the HPV speed attempt

There's a couple of flat, straight sections but I'm not sure if they're
long
enough and I've only driven them so they could be rough as guts. Wind
would be a problem (no natural valley) and so would traffic.
But I'll add it to the list

hippy

--
hippy

Old September 1st 04, 02:17 AM
aeek

(radical - back on thread)

seems they're not suited to my maintenance habits, damn.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...ank_bros_candy

Long-term users of Crank Brothers' pedals report that you do have t
make sure you maintain the bearings. A screw-in plastic grease port i
included with the pedals and it's a simple matter to remove th
dustcap, fit the grease port, pump in new grease then swap the dustca
back out. However, while this kind of maintenance isn't essential wit
many pedals, it is vital with Candies, as the pedal turns on a bushin
at one end and a ball-bearing at the other and bushings really don'
like being run dry. Crank Bros recommends fresh grease every 100-30
hours of riding, which isn't too arduous a schedule and fortunately, i
you do neglect them, spares are available and the pedals can be rebuilt

--
aeek