"Pajero" IS "******" in Spanish.

Old July 20th 05, 06:43 AM
BruceA

Default "Pajero" IS "******" in Spanish.

"Tamyka Bell" wrote

Sorry dude, I was in catch-up mode.

Anyone wanna sniff my bike seat? I recommend my tri-bike, those
half-ironmans are great for saddle smell, you never quite get the smell
out, do you?

Tam

Umm, err, dunno, can't say I have ever sniffed my bike seat (except when it
was new, hmmmmm leather), but then I am a bloke and maybe it's different for
us guys, secret womens business and all that, and getting seriously OT so
think I will stop now!

BruceA

Old July 20th 05, 06:45 AM
Tamyka Bell

BruceA wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote

Sorry dude, I was in catch-up mode.

Anyone wanna sniff my bike seat? I recommend my tri-bike, those
half-ironmans are great for saddle smell, you never quite get the smell
out, do you?

Tam

Umm, err, dunno, can't say I have ever sniffed my bike seat (except when it
was new, hmmmmm leather), but then I am a bloke and maybe it's different for
us guys, secret womens business and all that, and getting seriously OT so
think I will stop now!

BruceA

Well, immediately post race, there is no need to sniff. It is more of a
waft, from the damp seat left in the sun while you're out doing that
thing of which we do not speak.

Tam
Old July 20th 05, 07:48 AM
Bean Long

Well, immediately post race, there is no need to sniff. It is more of a
waft, from the damp seat left in the sun while you're out doing that
thing of which we do not speak.

Tam

Given the thread, can I assume the thing we do not speak of has something to
do with a pajero?? Now I really am confused?!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Old July 20th 05, 07:59 AM
Tamyka Bell

Bean Long wrote:

Well, immediately post race, there is no need to sniff. It is more of a
waft, from the damp seat left in the sun while you're out doing that
thing of which we do not speak.

Tam

Given the thread, can I assume the thing we do not speak of has something to
do with a pajero?? Now I really am confused?!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Well that's because you have to start at the BEGINNING of the thread,
and work your way to the end.

Tam *font of wisdom*

Old July 20th 05, 10:51 PM
Ray Peace

Flapflapflap wrote:
Hello everyone,

In a topic in this group the Spanish word "pajero"'s equivalence to the
English word "******" was said to b a myth. The basis for this
assertion was the use of Babelfish to try to translate "******" from
English to Spanish. Unfortunately Babelfish is complete rubbish and
will rarely translate anything correctly- it cannot be relied upon.
Babelfish also does not translate profanities. Thus the use of
Babelfish proves nothing.

I have been studying Castilian Spanish (castellano, or what English
speakers KNOW as "Spanish") for eight years now, I have many Spanish
speaking friends and I own several Spanish dictionaries. In a recent
edition of the Oxford English-Spanish Spanish-English bilingual
dictionary, the English word "******" translates to "pajero/a" or
"mamón/a". The use of the term in this way is confirmed by all the
native speakers with whom I have spoken. Hence, a pajero is a ******,
and the Pajero car bears this embarrassing name. I would have to agree
with everyone who says that this name is most accurate

The term derives from "hacer una paja", to "make a straw". It makes
little sense of itself, but is indeed a term. One can see another
example of a strange word having profane significance in the word
"polla" (feminised "chicken", pronounced "pol-ya" or "poyya" or with a
particular soft "j" in Argentina), a profane term for the male
genitals.

Greetings,
Not the first time this has happened, I appreciate your literature
studies. In the 1980s, Ford marketed a utility (`pickup' as the
Americans phrase it) in Mexico called the Caliente. It took them a while
to discover that this was in fact the local slang term for Prostitute.
Great car, guys. But then we all knew a large number of 4WD drivers were
******s long before this came along, together with a number of other
categories of vehicle owners I won't bother listing here.
Regards,
Ray

Old July 21st 05, 12:37 AM
Man Without Pigs

I worked with an Argentinean man who told me that when he saw the word
Pajero for the first time in Australia, he thought it was a deliberate
joke by the driver. He explained that it means "******" or "bull**** artist".

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:04:42 +0800, Marty wrote:

Flapflapflap wrote:

flyingdutch wrote:

err, no. its based on asking (funnily enuff) SPANISH PEOPLE (their the
ones born in spain. duuuhhh).
this has also applied to: Fuego, Aptiva, GeorgeBush and flapflapflap.
run along little trolley-troll

PS fanx for that. i was bored but you have brightened it up for me now

--
flyingdutch

The facts are clear. Pajero means "******" in colloquial Spanish. I
have no reason to lie, I really don't care either way. Look up a
comprehensive Spanish dictionary.

You're too late. Someone brought this up about a month ago and we've
been through it all, checked the various facts, spoken to people from
Spain and established it as an urban myth.

Marty

Old July 21st 05, 12:56 AM
JH

Tamyka Bell Wrote:

Well that's because you have to start at the BEGINNING of the thread,
and work your way to the end.

Tam *font of wisdom*

She is too busy looking up "Prado" on every internet dictionary to
confirm her long held suspicions.

jh
Old July 21st 05, 05:20 AM
BruceA

"Tamyka Bell" wrote

Well, immediately post race, there is no need to sniff. It is more of a
waft, from the damp seat left in the sun while you're out doing that
thing of which we do not speak.

Tam

I am a fairy my name is nuff, fairy nuff!

BruceA