"making cycling irresistable"

Old November 12th 07, 11:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

Default "making cycling irresistable"

On 2007-11-11, PeteSig wrote:

Your riding group has twenty year olds in it? And even teenagers? WOW!!

In my club the new members have never been much more than five years younger
than me, for the last 15 years! Don't know what things the youngsters are up
to, but joining bike clubs sure ain't one of them.

A few. It's a BUG, not a training group, so everyone's welcome. Most
of the core group range from 40-somethings to 70-somethings. We've got
a couple of teenagers at the moment, coming along with their Dads.

--
John
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever. - Anonymous
Old November 12th 07, 11:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

On 2007-11-11, PeteSig (aka Bruce)

"John Pitts" wrote:

In the group I ride with, it's only the young, thin riders in their
teens and twenties that are bashful about wearing lycra. Us older,
heavier types are over that body image thing.

Your riding group has twenty year olds in it? And even teenagers? WOW!!

In my club the new members have never been much more than five years
younger
than me, for the last 15 years! Don't know what things the youngsters are
up
to, but joining bike clubs sure ain't one of them.

Oi!

I was a member for a year! And there was once a cute girl or two that
I tried to encourage to come along.

Oh yeah! Sorry Tim. But where were these lovelies?

You were the exception that proves the rule. You and about three other
active members are below 40!

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old November 12th 07, 11:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

On 2007-11-11, PeteSig wrote:

Your riding group has twenty year olds in it? And even teenagers? WOW!!

In my club the new members have never been much more than five years
younger
than me, for the last 15 years! Don't know what things the youngsters are
up
to, but joining bike clubs sure ain't one of them.

A few. It's a BUG, not a training group, so everyone's welcome. Most
of the core group range from 40-somethings to 70-somethings. We've got
a couple of teenagers at the moment, coming along with their Dads.

Ahah!! That sounds exactly like our club. My son is one of the few teenagers
that gets out on rides. But he is very keen

Aside from members' kids, there are only about 3 or 4 independent and active
members below 40 years old. The main core of the club is 40 to 70 years old

www.mbtc.org.au

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old November 13th 07, 07:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle

I commute 10 km each way in Melbourne in pants and a shirt. Some hot
mornings I have a few spots of sweat on my shirt, but not too bad.
Check the forecast, go in early on hot days.

There are men's business pants available at normal places like Myer in
"stretch" fabric, with some lycra in them. But still looking like
normal slacks. And you can get stretchy non-cotton undies with low
seams too.

So much more convenient not having to change clothes, and I haven't
had any problems with wearing out holes in the pants either! :-)