The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

Old August 1st 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default The Great Don Quijote of RBM!

On Jul 31, 1:17 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I like to read posts by such as Don Quijote. He is pure and I am not. Yea, I
KNOW what scoundrels all the rest of you are and I treat you accordingly.
Unfortunately, in the process, I become as bad as any of you.

But Don Quijote presses on pure and innocent and occasionally quite naive.
He is like a breath of fresh air after all our vituperations. I am mostly in
a rage every time I come on these freaking cycling newsgroups. I only want
to kill all of you. Sometimes I think I am going crazy from the frustration
of it all.

But then I read a message from the Great Don Quijote and I realize that all
is not lost after all. We need to become like children in order to go on
living. I mourn my lost innocence. It was Tom Sherman of ARBR who soured me
for Usenet. Aye, I hold him responsible for my dour disposition.

That's real nice of you, Great Ed. There's some real bad people here.
But there's no need to kill them. I mean, we don't need to kill them
when we can torture them. And besides, there's a bunch people waking
up to the need of bike lanes, bike paths and other facilities. We just
got to lead the way, "Sancho, let's go for it!"

Old August 2nd 07, 01:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman

"donquijote1954" who? wrote:
[...]

Who needs Usama bin Laden when we have promoters of second class
citizenship for cyclists?

What we need is SHOWERS and BIKE LOCKERS at work so cycle commuting is
practical. I propose a tax on employee parking spaces that could be
offset by adding REAL cyclist friendly facilities.

Old August 2nd 07, 02:04 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Ozark Bicycle

On Aug 1, 7:44 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
"donquijote1954" who? wrote:
[...]

Have another toke, Tom.

Old August 2nd 07, 03:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 1, 8:44 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
"donquijote1954" who? wrote:
[...]

OK, OK, that makes sense. Nobody should say that bikers stink.

But we also need lanes for bikes only. Or if not we just restrict cars
like they did in London and Italy --for one day. No car no problem!

Italian cities ban cars from streets
Independent, The (London), Jan 29, 2007
ROME Cars and motor scooters were banned in Rome, Milan and other
Italian cities yesterday, leaving residents to walk, ride bikes or use
public transport. The ban, lasting most of the day, was put in place
to lower pollution levels. Other cities banning cars were Brescia,
Como and Varese in the Lombardy region. The ban is often implemented
during winter.

Old August 2nd 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman

"donquijote1954" who? wrote:
[...]

That reminds me that it is ridiculous that consumable ethanol beverages
can legally be made, advertised on television and sold, but cannabis is
illegal (in most countries). Ten of thousands of deaths and many more
incidents of violence are due to excess alcohol consumption, yet none
are attributable to cannabis use.

Hell, even too low THC content to get high industrial hemp can not be
legally grown in the U.S., even though George Washington was an advocate
of its cultivation, and the U.S. Constitution is written on hemp paper.
Instead, we cut down softwood forests and contaminate the environment
with sulfuric acid to make paper, instead of using annually renewable hemp.

Cycling content: I have two (2) bicycles and one (1) trike with
industrial hemp (Product of Canada) seat covers.

Independent, The (London), Jan 29, 2007
ROME Cars and motor scooters were banned in Rome, Milan and other
Italian cities yesterday, leaving residents to walk, ride bikes or use
public transport. The ban, lasting most of the day, was put in place
to lower pollution levels. Other cities banning cars were Brescia,
Como and Varese in the Lombardy region. The ban is often implemented
during winter.

No offense intended (hehe) donquijote1954, but I think you've been smoking
some of Johnny Sunset's hemp bike seat cover.

What would you think about a stiff graduated luxury tax on bicycles costing
over $150.00 (US) and bicycle accessories to help pay for the things you
demand? Why should my eighty year old mother, who has trouble paying for
her prescription drugs, need to help pay for your shower and locker located
in a business somewhere?

As long as you're still toking on Johnny's bike seat cover think about
cyclists building their own cities with money they've raised themselves so
they could live and work in their own bicycling utopia?

Old August 2nd 07, 02:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

"donquijote1954" who? wrote:
[...]

Well, the revolution is not only taking care of bike lanes, but other
ways to pursuit happiness...

"While the prohibition of drugs has been largely ineffective and
costly (in money, prison overpopulation, crime), regulated
legalization --like that of Holland-- can be a better solution to both
addiction and crime."

See OUR MAN TO THE WHITE HOUSE
http://webspawner.com/users/elections2008

Independent, The (London), Jan 29, 2007
[...]

And WHO you think is paying that OIL WAR in Iraq? We would only need
1% of that and the rest you can spend in healthcare and other luxuries
(you call them luxuries, right?)

Old August 2nd 07, 10:18 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Keats

"donquijote1954" wrote in message
ups.com...
And WHO you think is paying that OIL WAR in Iraq? We would only need
1% of that and the rest you can spend in healthcare and other luxuries
(you call them luxuries, right?)

What are you trying to say? How much of Johnny Sunset's hemp seat have you
smoked already today?
This could turn into a HEMP WAR if you aren't careful.

Old August 3rd 07, 02:13 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

On Aug 2, 5:18 pm, "Keats" wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

ups.com...

And WHO you think is paying that OIL WAR in Iraq? We would only need
1% of that and the rest you can spend in healthcare and other luxuries
(you call them luxuries, right?)

What are you trying to say? How much of Johnny Sunset's hemp seat have you
smoked already today?
This could turn into a HEMP WAR if you aren't careful.

Hemp war? No, no and no. We got to MAKE LOVE NOT WAR. Well hemp leads
no love, right?

(Once upon the time in the land of predators the little animals had to
run for their lives. Well, it's not fair because the world needs to
evolve --and the stupid beasts must become vegetarian)

I bet you know a character like this lion...

THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE
Once upon a time, in the deep jungle, lived a Lion and a Monkey... One
day the Monkey, tired of the Lion always taking the LION'S SHARE, and
seeing that such injustice represented a danger to all, demanded
JUSTICE... The Lion, yawning and stretching, said, "You would have to
have paws and sharp teeth..." Then the Monkey, who was very clever,
devised a plan: He would go to the costume store, and look like a
lion...

When the HUNGRY LION saw him, noticing that the new lion wasn't a
match for him, and fearing COMPETITION, killed him on the spot --
before the indifferent look of the little animals of the jungle... And
that's how the Law of the Jungle was re-established one more time...
(NOTE: Other monkeys survived him...)

***

But to tell you the truth, this monkey wasn't very clever in dressing
like a lion. The real smart monkey knows better and would do this...

(Based on the slogan:
MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR?
"Make love, not war," was not just a protest against the indifference
and lack of humaneness in Vietnam; it was also a positive statement
that love between parent and child, teacher and pupil, fiance and
fiancee, and husband and wife is an activity we should try to pursue
in the house when work is not necessary. It is the one real source of
truth, beauty, and salvation in a community where deceit, corruption,
and impersonality seem to be rampant. -Jerome Kagan)

The smart monkey shows his cleverness...

And what better way to make love than to give the banana to the
roaring lion? The monkey knows that the lion is more powerful than
him, and knows he better use his own weapons, so he decides to be
funny, that being his natural gift. The story goes like this: The
Hungry Lion roars: "Monkey, I'm made to eat meat, so you better come
down right now." And the monkey replies very cool: "HUNGRY? YOU CAN
EAT MY BANANA!"

T-SHIRTS TO CHANGE THE WORLD (while some of these products may not
seem related to a revolution, they emphasize the slogan above: MAKE
LOVE, NOT WAR)

http://cafepress.com/peacebanana