Cyclist seriously injured in crash at blackspot junction

Old June 15th 21, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Cyclist seriously injured in crash at blackspot junction

A cyclist was seriously injured in a crash with a car in Bolton.

The accident happened where Highfield Road and Marsh Lane meet in Farnworth, closing the roads in both directions.

Passers-by called 999 as the biker lay injured in the road.

Two ambulances and police attended the incident at about 5pm on Monday (June 14).

A spokesperson for North West Ambulance Service said: "We have taken a man in his 50s to hospital with serious injuries.

"He was a cyclist involved in an RTC (road traffic collision) with a car."

She said: "I was in the kitchen and I heard the sound of the crash.

"I went upstairs and saw there had been an accident. The cyclist looked seriously injured."

And she said the incident was not first to have happened at the junction.

"Not long ago a stolen car demolished a wall on Highfield Road right opposite our houses," she said.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...mments-section