Bicyclist killed by woman driver who was downloading cell phone ring tones

Old December 19th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

Default Bicyclist killed by woman driver who was downloading cell phone ring tones

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:03:07 -0700, Mark Hickey
wrote:

Seems like now Zoot's got two kinds of personal demons to deal with in
his scary universe. Drivers and pedestrians.

It's the whole of car culture that is detestable for the destruction
that it has caused. Beginning with environmental degradation all the
way through to its corruption of people's souls, cars are destroying
human society.

I've no problem with pedestrians though they often do pull some dumb
stunts.
--
zk
Old December 25th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Solvang Cyclist

Zoot Katz wrote in
:

wrote:

Seems like now Zoot's got two kinds of personal demons to deal with in
his scary universe. Drivers and pedestrians.

It's the whole of car culture that is detestable for the destruction
that it has caused. Beginning with environmental degradation all the
way through to its corruption of people's souls, cars are destroying
human society.

I've no problem with pedestrians though they often do pull some dumb
stunts.

As do everyone - including cyclists.

I live in a very rural area that is used by many pro race teams for their
winter training camps. Most of the locals have a "love/hate" relationship
with cycling here. While they appreciate the revenue brought to the area
by cycling (we also have an extremely popular century ride and the Tour
of California is having their individual time trial in town next year)
friends often tell me how rude some cyclists can be about not sharing the
road. Many riders - both the pros on their training rides and
recreational riders alike - will ride two and three abreast on roads wide
enough that cars could safely pass individual riders, but not wide enough
to allow the cars to pass riders chatting away side-by-side. I have even
called out to riders "car back" only to have them acknowledge me, but
ignore the car.

Cheers,
David
Old December 25th 06, 09:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
nash

"Solvang Cyclist" wrote in message
.136...
Zoot Katz wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

That is 3 against one. Majority rules I guess. One person in a car taking
up the whole road 364 days of the year. Not going to kill them is it for
training day.

Driver, text messaging on cell phone, kills cyclist Joe S. General 3 November 27th 05 11:31 PM
Cell Phone [email protected] General 2 April 29th 05 12:56 PM
GPS CELL PHONE Equiped g.daniels Techniques 0 July 18th 03 03:43 PM