Odd complaint against cyclists in local paper

Old September 17th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

Default Odd complaint against cyclists in local paper

Someone called into the complaint line of our local paper.

They said they lived on a rural road that is a favorite of cyclists,
complaining that they ride that road three and four abreast. This
makes them narcissists the caller says.

He asserts that this road is a scenic route and is for cars, not
cyclists.

Perhaps he'd be happy to have 1000 more cars per hour go by his house?
Maybe he loves the intoxication of carbon monoxide.

I mean I've heard of drivers complaining they can't pass people riding
two abreast, but I've never heard a homeowner complain he wants more
cars and less bikes using the road in front of his house.

How he figures that drivers in cars see scenery better at 45mph than a
biker going 10-15mph, I don't know.

Maybe the fumes have dulled his intellect. Perhaps they dropped the IQ
test needed to purchase property on that stretch of the road?

Old September 18th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 17, 6:10*pm, wrote:

Maybe the fumes have dulled his intellect. Perhaps they dropped the IQ
test needed to purchase property on that stretch of the road?

IQ has to be lower than the lot size in acres to buy on that street?
It was a full moon on monday too.
Bill C
Old September 18th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 17, 3:10*pm, wrote:
[...]

If you're are presentative of cyclist from your town, then from the
way your write it's clear that they're narcissists, apart from the
fact that they when they complain it's anonymously, which would make
them wiiesels . Apart from that, it sounds like a real nice place.

-ilan
Old September 18th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 02:39:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 17, 3:10*pm, wrote:
[...]

I don't follow your logic.How does the way I write make me so, and
what difference does that make? I don't ride abreast with anyone, I
ride alone and not on that road.

Old September 18th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Sep 17, 3:10*pm, wrote:
[...]

In addition, cyclists have been riding that road since the 70s, it's
an obscure route to the top of the mountain. AND, they don' ride three
and four abreast - he exaggerates to make his (nonexistent) point.

Truth is, he should be glad there aren't more cars and happy that a
few (very few these days) riders from the local university team use
that road.

Old September 18th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 17, 3:10*pm, wrote:
[...]

Your "cars bad, bicycles good" style makes you out as a the type of
Critical Mass type cyclist that everybody loves to hate.

-ilan
Old September 18th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Nobody" wrote in message
[...]

Clue me in here - why aren't you writing to the newspaper instead of here?

Old September 18th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:01:07 -0700, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo.
com wrote:

"Nobody" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I did write the paper. But I get your point. No more of these will I
post.

Old September 19th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Nobody" wrote in message

I did write the paper. But I get your point. No more of these will I
post.

Look, I'm not excoriating you, simply pointing out that writing something
like that in the racing group doesn't have any real effect. You have to
address the people in charge.

local paper ray Australia 0 November 1st 07 02:53 AM
Local paper. Tim Morin Unicycling 7 February 13th 07 02:39 AM
Local paper. uni_jim Unicycling 0 February 12th 07 02:54 AM
Letter in local paper. Simon Mason UK 24 November 25th 06 11:52 PM
got my pic taken in the local paper Marc70 Unicycling 13 September 21st 03 11:51 PM