CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

Old February 5th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

Default CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Well, some of the stuff that goes on here is like a locker room and
you don't have to be in high school to understand how male athletes
relate to one another.

Typical rbr sexist pig. You fail to give women credit
for their undeniable trash talking ability.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...83f1723d?hl=en

On Feb 4, 3:10 am, Chalo wrote:

Does this have anything to do with y'all palpating each other's
buttocks?

Chalo

I'm so gratified! Chalo, I knew you'd be a
natural at this.

Ben

Old February 5th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_2_]

wrote:

Typical rbr sexist pig. You fail to give women credit
for their undeniable trash talking ability.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...83f1723d?hl=en

Dumbass,

I'm pretty sure you meant this one:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...d051fd8ed98337

Old February 5th 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bill C" wrote in message

Tom He's not gonna say it, but he could point to the successful band,
the instruments they've designed and built, the patents, the
furniture, etc.

Psst - I spent 3 years playing in bands until I finally got tired of trying
to work with guys whose main interest was the drug scene.

It seems to kill you that he had money, and then has been successful
too.

Sorry, the fact that he has money and then acts like a 5 year old is what is
really disturbing. Especially since as I pointed out, he was a real person
when he first started posting here.

From everything he's ever said I'm betting his life wasn't the handout
cakewalk you seem to keep saying it was.

Maybe you could point out something he's written that would suggest that his
life wasn't a cakewalk?

Old February 6th 09, 09:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Tim McNamara wrote:
Pourquoi, oui, il est donc.

Susan Walker wrote:
Dumbass, automatic translations don't impress me much.

Dumbass,
Do you think all the men on rbt want to impress a big-assed
girl like you ?

Old February 6th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
Pourquoi, oui, il est donc.

Susan Walker wrote:
Dumbass, automatic translations don't impress me much.

Dumbass,
Do you think all the men on rbt want to impress a big-assed
girl like you ?

Big-assed? Not so much.

Girl? Well...

Old February 11th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 7:42 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Tim McNamara" wrote in message

Does Adam Myerson still post? He seemed to have a thick hide and no
trouble holding his own.

I don't know. It was suggested to me that one of the particularly
obnoxious
butt-heads here was Adam but to tell you the truth I exchanged emails
with
Adam a number of years ago and was actually impressed by his
intelligence.
There didn't appear to be any intelligence in the poster that was said
to be
Adam.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...8fefe7817f43a9

I notice you avoided referencing the entire string so that what was missed
was the previous posting my me in that string:

"What I'm finding objectionable about Albright and his gang of two is
that I don't want to see cyclocross, the last refuge of unprofessional
FUN racing, reduced to a formulaic play-station-esque bit of
professional money making show gamesmanship.

Already they've decided that they have to design cyclocross courses in
such a manner that it decidedly disadvantages MTB riders. Now they're
working on dredging the last vestiges of original thinking out of the
courses with their stupid endless complaints about how the courses
could be "improved"."

And isn't it strange that today many reporters in the USA are saying the
same thing?

Old February 11th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 10, 6:00*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
" wrote in message
I don't know. It was suggested to me that one of the particularly
obnoxious
butt-heads here was Adam but to tell you the truth I exchanged emails
with
Adam a number of years ago and was actually impressed by his
intelligence.
There didn't appear to be any intelligence in the poster that was said
to be
Adam.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...8fefe7817f43a9

I notice you avoided referencing the entire string so that what was missed
was the previous posting my me in that string:

Psyclone,

Is this better?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...8fefe7817f43a9

I posted only the link to Adam's message because it
makes the hyperlink shorter and it doesn't wrap across
lines. You can get to the full thread by clicking on the
"Message from discussion" link and everyone knows
this. And it's not like I quoted Adam out of context.
When he was here, you were a thorn in his side, and
now that he's gone[*] you want to moan about how
all the mean people drove the real racers away.
Take some responsibility for doing it yourself.

"What I'm finding objectionable about Albright and his gang of two is
that I don't want to see cyclocross, the last refuge of unprofessional
FUN racing, reduced to a formulaic play-station-esque bit of
professional money making show gamesmanship.

Already they've decided that they have to design cyclocross courses in
such a manner that it decidedly disadvantages MTB riders. Now they're
working on dredging the last vestiges of original thinking out of the
courses with their stupid endless complaints about how the courses
could be "improved"."

And isn't it strange that today many reporters in the USA are saying the
same thing?

about Albright's success promoting CX races for both
elite and amateur classes. We just went over in this thread
why cyclocross evolved away from MTB courses towards
more Euro-style courses. Cyclocross is a marginal sport in
the US, but it's now still arguably in a better position than
US MTB racing, so it doesn't look like a mistake.

Ben
[*] Speaking of Myerson, I saw him in the Cycle-Smart
Coachmobile a few days ago near my house, which was
a little odd. Guess he's training. I wonder if he rode
up Mt. Lemmon in the snow today.
Old February 11th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

" wrote in message

And it's not like I quoted Adam out of context.
When he was here, you were a thorn in his side, and
now that he's gone[*] you want to moan about how
all the mean people drove the real racers away.
Take some responsibility for doing it yourself.

I've got news for you junior, Adam and I would argue but the fact is that it
was argument and nothing more. What bothers you is that you can't bring
yourself to talk on topic. Why is that? Bicycles too foreign to you?

about Albright's success promoting CX races for both
elite and amateur classes.

Like now?

We just went over in this thread
why cyclocross evolved away from MTB courses towards
more Euro-style courses. Cyclocross is a marginal sport in
the US, but it's now still arguably in a better position than
US MTB racing, so it doesn't look like a mistake.

The fact is that cyclocross courses over most of the USA are little
different from MTB courses save they have some steep grades where it's
faster to run up.

European courses have turned into little more than mudholes with wide open
courses so that the only thing tested is the athletic ability of the
cyclocross rider and little else. But since it has become little more than
another reason to get drunk the crowds don't much care.

Old February 11th 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Clive George

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
m...

European courses have turned into little more than mudholes with wide open
courses so that the only thing tested is the athletic ability of the
cyclocross rider and little else.

Amusingly the one of the bigger CX races in the UK is held round here - the
3 peaks. They've got "no MTB" rules, possibly because a full bounce MTB
would actually be rather good for the off-road sections. Maybe less good for
the 18 miles road though.

The amusing bit is that it's by no means a mudhole with wide open courses -
there's some pretty challenging riding on it, some quite narrow. There's
also quite a lot of carrying :-)

(but it doesn't count as a continental pro CX race)

Old February 11th 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,

" wrote in message

[...]

Most of the recent design trends I've seen in US and Canadian courses
are towards an aesthetic that has nothing to do with MTBing. In
particular, the difference in my area is stark: the courses being
developed have little or no singletrack, and few sections that look like
MTB trails. Conversely, they feature lots of the kind of wide-open
parcours that would seem odd in an MTB course, especially grass and
sand.

That appears to be the case whether we're talking about grassroots
events or UCI-categorized races on this continent.

European courses have turned into little more than mudholes with wide open
courses so that the only thing tested is the athletic ability of the
cyclocross rider and little else. But since it has become little more than
another reason to get drunk the crowds don't much care.

Tom, seriously, I am pretty much your most sympathetic reader, but I
can't make head nor tail of what you're trying to say here. Are Euro
courses wide open? Are they mudholes? Are you saying they're technically
unchallenging? I suspect part of the answer is that very good riders
make very challenging courses look unchallenging, but the Euro courses I
have seen this year have featured technical challenges up to the level
that I saw split decisions by riders on whether to run or ride.

I also saw a great diversity of courses this year, from thngs that were
nearly dirt-crits with a perfunctory run-up, to a beach event that
featured tons and tons of deep sand is a pure wattage-fest.

CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 134 February 11th 09 10:43 PM
How do you dismount? scoope Unicycling 21 September 13th 08 12:51 AM
Cyclists Dismount Tom Crispin UK 11 May 16th 08 06:36 PM
N36 dismount help ahollow Unicycling 7 May 22nd 07 10:51 PM