OT Where's my royalties?

Old June 24th 04, 04:11 PM
Simon Mason

Default OT Where's my royalties?

Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old June 24th 04, 04:18 PM
Mark

Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

Will Irdial also be suing Boards Of Canada, then? There's a sample of one of
the Conet Project tracks on one of the tracks on their "Geogaddi" album...

Mark

Old June 24th 04, 04:24 PM
Graeme

"Simon Mason" wrote in news:At-
:

Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

"Mason may be maintaining a Zen exterior."

You just take your frustrations out on us then? :-)

Graeme
Old June 24th 04, 04:27 PM
Keith Willoughby

Simon Mason wrote:

Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

IANAL, of course, but

| "All that money I could have made if I had copyrighted them!" Mason
| wrote. "Since I gave Akin the recordings willingly for nothing, I
| don't have any come back.

isn't true. If he's correct that copyright exists in the recordings,
then it's yours. You don't need to do anything to copyright it, it just
exists. Further, unless you formally handed over the copyright to him,
rather than merely gave him license to use the recordings, the copyright
is still yours.

"I've had pretty good success with Stan by throwing him my best pitch and
backing up third." - Carl Erskine
Old June 24th 04, 04:34 PM
Jon Senior

In article ,
says...
Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

Interesting but...

rant
'"phonetic alphabet" letters -- the abbreviations pilots use ("alpha"
for a, "bravo" for b and so on).'

It's not the "phonetic" alphabet. That is the one used in dictionarys to
demonstrate the "phonetics" of a word allowing pronunciation.
/rant

What will you be buying with your royalties Simon?

Jon
Old June 24th 04, 04:35 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

Should I be donning the celeste tutu and wielding the slabs on your behalf???

Cheers, helen s ;-)

**$om $

Old June 24th 04, 04:35 PM
David Nutter

Keith Willoughby said:

isn't true. If he's correct that copyright exists in the recordings,
then it's yours. You don't need to do anything to copyright it, it just
exists. Further, unless you formally handed over the copyright to him,
rather than merely gave him license to use the recordings, the copyright
is still yours.

At least until the Men In Black turn up to say "Well, actually it was *our*
broadcast tape"...

Regards,

-david
Old June 24th 04, 05:42 PM
Simon Mason

"Mark" wrote in message
. ..
Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

Will Irdial also be suing Boards Of Canada, then? There's a sample of one

of
the Conet Project tracks on one of the tracks on their "Geogaddi" album...

and Stereolab, Porcupine Tree and the film makers behind Vanilla Sky!

--
Simon M.

Old June 24th 04, 05:45 PM
Simon Mason

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Yours truly is involved in this bizzare law suit!

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,141...w=wn_tophead_3

Should I be donning the celeste tutu and wielding the slabs on your

behalf???

No, but thanks for the offer H. I'm kicking myself more for the fact
that when I moved house in 2000, I didn't need to sell my old one and kept
it empty for 6 months. After that time I had to start paying council tax on
it again, so I sold it for 30k. The same houses are now going for 105k!
That's what hurts most ;-)

Still, I wouldn't trade being fit and healthy for 105k, much.
--
Simon M.

Old June 24th 04, 05:46 PM
Simon Mason

"David Nutter" wrote in message
. ..
Keith Willoughby said:

isn't true. If he's correct that copyright exists in the recordings,
then it's yours. You don't need to do anything to copyright it, it just
exists. Further, unless you formally handed over the copyright to him,
rather than merely gave him license to use the recordings, the copyright
is still yours.

At least until the Men In Black turn up to say "Well, actually it was

*our*
broadcast tape"...

Ah you see we are safe there as according to the spooks, these stations do
not exist!

--
Simon M.