mudguard for trailerbike

Old May 2nd 05, 05:38 PM
audrey

Default mudguard for trailerbike

Discovered today that the 'mudguard' supplied with our Adams
Trail-a-bike is fairly useless. We only went thro a few muddy-ish
puddles and the back of sonandheir's t-shirt looks like the 'before'
shot from a Daz advert.

I'll be off to the LBS this week for a replacement. Are mudguards
pretty much of a muchness? Will any rear mudguard for a 20 inch wheel
do a reasonable job, or are some better than others?

Apart from the muddied back we had a nice bank holiday bike ride and
picnic. 11.5 miles is the furthest we've taken the trailer bike this
year and sonandheir didn't complain too much about the experience -
bribery [1] works wonders.

[1] playground stops and illicit (ie non-Friday) sweets
Old May 2nd 05, 05:45 PM
wafflycat

"audrey" wrote in message
Discovered today that the 'mudguard' supplied with our Adams
Trail-a-bike is fairly useless. We only went thro a few muddy-ish
puddles and the back of sonandheir's t-shirt looks like the 'before'
shot from a Daz advert.

Make sure son's t-shirt is liberally sprinkled with "Vanish" at start of
ride?
It'll make subsequent laundry so much easier ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old May 2nd 05, 06:20 PM
Dave Chadderton

"the 'mudguard' supplied with our Adams Trail-a-bike is fairly useless" the
mudgaurd is fine you just need to make a mudlap and fix it to the end of the
mudgaurd [an old fairy liquid bottle is good], just as important is a
mudflap for your bike to keep the crud out of the face of your crew. I know
from experience we had a trailer bike for years when my two lads were
growing, had some of the best holidays ever youth hosteling on the bikes.

Old May 2nd 05, 07:16 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 02 May 2005 17:38:30 +0100, audrey wrote
in message :

Discovered today that the 'mudguard' supplied with our Adams
Trail-a-bike is fairly useless.

True enough. We used a Zéfal Kid clip-on one, which was somewhat
better.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk