Why Are People Here?

Old July 10th 19, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Why Are People Here?

On Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 12:27:28 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:
I would like to know why Frank, John B, Jay and Ridesalot are here? What have they EVER added to this group?

This started out as a group that Sheldon or Jobst would answer technical questions. These are still answered but almost entirely by Andrew.

I have posted many informational postings about components that actual riders might be curious about. But the actual information is then hidden by the absurd fools that have inhabited this group for no discernable reasons.

What sort of CS does Frank have to be to argue that my experience with slack spokes is wrong?

As noted in another string, John B, Jay and Frank argued that tubeless tires are a waste of time and now that racers are turning more and more to them so that they don't get flats and have lower rolling resistance he seems to think that they are a new coming item. I guess Jay thinks that maybe they are the waste of time that he proclaimed them loudly.

Why is John B. even on this group? Plainly he doesn't even own a bike. Maybe he uses one of those rentals to ride into the city?

Ridesalot has never added one single line of worth.

Well, having watched the Tour team time trial I'm going to take a ride on a $4,000 bike while Frank and John argue that the world is flat or flatter..

You may have a slight negative attitude to this gentlemen.

They have contributed GREATLY to this group.

Very best regards,

Andy
Old July 10th 19, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/10/2019 12:31 AM, AK wrote:
[...]

As has Mr Kunich who does have signal amidst the noise.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 10th 19, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

On 10/07/2019 8:54 a.m., AMuzi wrote:
On 7/10/2019 12:31 AM, AK wrote:
[...]

Maybe but it's the signal to noise ratio that affects communication
channels...
Old July 10th 19, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 7/10/2019 6:13 AM, Duane wrote:

snip

Maybe but it's the signal to noise ratio that affects communication
channels...

An active filter greatly improves the signal to noise ratio.
Old July 10th 19, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 10:24:44 AM UTC-4, sms wrote:
On 7/10/2019 6:13 AM, Duane wrote:

snip

Maybe but it's the signal to noise ratio that affects communication
channels...

An active filter greatly improves the signal to noise ratio.

Not when others reply to them as that bypasses the filter and/or Killfile.

Cheers
Old July 11th 19, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 3:24:44 PM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 7/10/2019 6:13 AM, Duane wrote:

snip

Maybe but it's the signal to noise ratio that affects communication
channels...

An active filter greatly improves the signal to noise ratio.

What makes it "active", Scharfie?

Andre Jute
I thought Rideablot's complaint is that the filter breaks down at the first reply

People ... Paul - xxx[_2_] UK 20 September 9th 11 10:32 PM
I need people for my vid! unifreak7 Unicycling 30 September 21st 06 06:35 PM
new here...looking for people. ilosttheotherwheel Unicycling 14 August 6th 06 03:51 AM
To the <10 people still here Tom Sherman Recumbent Biking 48 February 6th 05 06:07 AM
Some help here people!! Neil Hardman UK 2 July 13th 03 08:22 AM