Has anyone tried this saddle?

Old November 20th 05, 08:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Has anyone tried this saddle?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=823

I managed to break my saddle and am in the market for a new one.
Wondering if anyone has tried this one.

Thanks,

Walt

--
MilkParrot
MilkParrot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8340

Old November 20th 05, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thats what i ride on right now.

Itīs better than my modified Velo seat (foam cut in half)
And itīs better than the regular KH fusion seat.

BEacuse itīs thinner, itīs better for Seat out hopping and general
handling.
Itīs just as comfy as the other KH seats, who bottoms out the other
seats?
I think the regular KH seats has sooo much excessive foam in them
thatīs not needed.

I canīt really feel the gel in it. Itīs there but at lest I donīt
notice it.

Itīs a good saddle for trials, freestyle, and probably just as good for
muni and road as the other KH seats.

--
fexnix

'*My fresh gallery*' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
'knarkargänget' (http://surl.se/elt)
chosen and this end up are my main men of choise
\"u can **** off u retard it says sidehop not high jump so shut da f**k
up and go ride a b*ke. nob!\" /butty
fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

Old November 20th 05, 09:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It's pictured with the older style KH handle though. Is UDC just out of
date?

--
Seager

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old November 20th 05, 10:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

AJ has one on his coker.

--
onefiftyfour
onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495

Old November 20th 05, 10:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

great seat. a little stiff during winter, but no different that the rest
of my body.

--
cowan
cowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10985

Old November 20th 05, 10:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Like GizmoDuck said, but I've been using the 'UDC gel' seat and like it.
I've never used the KH gel, but I think it's the same a the UDC gel.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Old November 21st 05, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I realllllly like my new KH fusion seat (it's similar in profile to the
gel, just with slim foam that's really comfortable)

the foam is softer than in a normal fusion, and it's a thinner profile
for seat out

my favorite thing about it is that it is naturally tilted back w/o a
rails bracket, which is great on a trials uni

it also feels much stiffer than the normal fusion

i like it a lot

p.s. don't know if UDC has it, i got mine from Darren on my new KH
trials that i got last week

--
ColDawG

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman

http://www.wheelaway.com/
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old November 21st 05, 08:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The gel saddle is now my favourite, over and above my airseat, miyata
saddle and various KH saddles.

Pros

-rigid feel, feels very responsive
-fewer chafing issues
-ridged handle for better grip
-way thinner, much better for trials and freestyle

Cons

-my seat nuts tend to come loose

FIX: I removed each nut in turn and then fitted a normal washer
followed by a lock washer before putting the nut back. The lock washer
seems to prevent the nuts from coming loose.

Some more info

This saddle does not feel very "cushy". Note that In the bicycling
world cushy soft saddles appeal to beginners but all serious riders
will tell you that a harder saddle is actually more comfortable,
especially on longer ride. The analogy used is that its more
comfortable to sit in a hard chair for a long time than it is to sit in
a cushy armchair.

The gel seat is based on the KH design, fitted with the newer ridged
front handles. The base looks identical to the standard KH base. The
seat uses a relatively thin layer of gel for cushioning instead of a
large thick piece of foam. The shape as viewed from above is virtually
identical so the only major difference in appearance is the thickness
of the saddle has been reduced. The unicycle.com coloured text logo is
embroidered on the back of some of the earlier production lines of this
saddle. The latest ones have no logo on the back.

My initial test ride of the saddle was on a coker riding for about an
hour. The thinner material makes the thickness of the saddle similar to
that of a miyata saddle. It feels very similar to a new miyata saddle.
My coker felt more responsive with this saddle fitted than with my
previous KH saddle. I think this is due to the extra rigidity and the
relatively firm nature of the saddle.

The thinner saddle also means less chance of inner thigh chaffing.
Unfortunately thin also means the chances of developing a numb butt and
genitalia increase. The usual numbness after an hour's ride was still
present despite the gel cushioning.

I have now done 6 hour + rides on it and it is the best saddle I have
used. I think it is suitable for just about any style of riding but
the seat base may not stand up to some trials riders abuse.

Peter

--
peter.bier

-Peter Bier
peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

Old November 21st 05, 09:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've lost a couple o' bolts off mine too, loctite is probably the
answer.

But yeah it's a good seat, especially for those of us who can't be
bothered doing airseat conversions. I always knock the valve clean off
on airseats anyway.

--
pete66
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old November 21st 05, 01:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Seager wrote:
It's pictured with the older style KH handle though. Is UDC just out of
date?

What do you men older style KH handle? the new handle has ribs which
those probably have, but you wouldn't be able to see from that photo,
what else has changed?

jim

--
Jim