Quality Unicycles?

Old August 3rd 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Birdboy

Default Quality Unicycles?

Hey!!

I think I want a new Unicycle, My old has a flat tire. Can you guys
recommend a good unicycle that wont break when I jump on it?

--
Birdboy

Chirp Chirp Chirp!
Birdboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12813

Old August 3rd 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
juggle508

Go to UDC(www.unicycle.com) and go to trials. There are alot of em. Get
a splined hub and crankset if you plan on doing big drops( like 7 foot
drops lol)
The Kris Holm trials is really good.
Profile cranksets are really good too.
Both of those are expensive. 450 US dollars or more.

Qu-ax, Onza, and Torker have been known to be really good too.
Koxx-one have also made good unicycles.

KH.

--
juggle508

----------Joshua 1:9 ----------

Unicycle for Christ

Yes, I unicycle for Christ. You got a problem with it? Who cares! KH.
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old August 3rd 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jasonholden

qu ax 20'' unicycles are the way to go. They are very strong as they
have splined hubs and cranks. I personally have one myself and they are
great. Or you could just go onto www.unicycle.com and search for
splined unis that fit into your price range.

--
jasonholden
jasonholden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12671

Old August 3rd 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Birdboy

I went to a bike shop today and the owner showed me a red and black
unicycle and he said that it was a quality Unicycle. I think I will get
that one.

Old August 3rd 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jasonholden

Make sure it has a splined hub and crankset.He probvably just wants to
make a sale.

Old August 3rd 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

heres some things you should examine on the unicycle before you buy it.

how big is the rim? It should be a 19" rim

how wide is the tire? it should be around 2.5 inches

are the cranks and hub splined? the uni will suck if they aren't...
make sure they are.

does the seat have a handle? It should
how comfy is the seat? it should be pretty confortable.

how expensive is it? It should proabably be around $250 or more

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

trials_uni wrote:
Where did you hear that Bedford unis are not strong? They are the best
thing since sliced bread!!