Fatties eating into airline profits

Old November 10th 04, 07:22 AM
Suz

(Boston I think). I was unhappy to find out that I would need to fall
asleep
again but the worst part came when a 300 + pound female sat in and around
her seat next to me. Not only were her arms so huge as to prevent her from
keeping the arm adjacent to me away from her, but the sounds from
breathing
problems and who knows what else was way too much for me to get any rest
at
all.

Yup, been there- 400+ pound guy in aisle, me in middle, hubby in window seat
(he's not small either, but not really a fattie- just a big guy, so I
couldn't squeeze into part of his seat.) Anyway, the 400 lb fattie smelled
bad too. It was so difficult for him to get up (he could barely squeeze
into the aisle) that I stayed in my seat for the entire 5 hour flight, but I
didn't have to pee too bad anyway, since I couldn't easily reach my water
bottle. Dude was spilling over his seat so much, I couldn't move.

Found out he was going to meet, for the first time, the girl he had met
online and was supposedly in love with. I felt kind of sorry for him,
wondering how she was going to react when she saw what he really looked (and
smelled) like. I hope it worked out okay.

Old November 10th 04, 10:18 AM
Amit

"Chris" wrote in message ...

I can't keep these huge
people from flying next to me, but I can make sure that I don't count on
using flight time to get my sleep.

dumbass, take a far east airline, like korean airlines. the risk of
being squeezed by fatties is far less.

Old November 10th 04, 08:39 PM

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:22:17 -0800, "Suz"
wrote:

[...]

Maybe she knows, and is herself probably a big woman. That's where the
internet is valuable- people who are overweight, let's face it, are
not going to be the center of attention at a party or a bar. WHere are
they supposed to meet people? THe internet is perfect in that way.
You actually get totalk to someone before they see you; lots of fat
people have met mates that way. Why not?

Old November 12th 04, 01:34 PM
Robert Chung

Benjamin Weiner wrote:

http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/misc/obesity_vote.gif

http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/misc/obesity_vote2004.gif

As before, DC is an outlier and the Rocky Mountain states
form their own parallel trendline.

Are moral values and self-indulgence correlated?

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/polls/florida04.png

Old November 12th 04, 07:03 PM
Carl Sundquist

"Robert Chung" wrote in message

Are moral values and self-indulgence correlated?

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/polls/florida04.png

Hmm. Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Palm Beach as the closest counties to supporting
Kerry. Must be all those NY liberals who fled the NY weather.

Cycling & Diabetes Bob Newman General 40 August 3rd 04 05:10 PM
Q - Eating breakfast before commuting RL General 38 April 11th 04 11:46 PM