Camelbak Taste

Old August 11th 04, 01:56 AM
Plodder

Default Camelbak Taste

I have a Camelbak Blowfish with the 3 litre bladder. The water tastes
strongly of plastic. I bought the thing largely because of the claims that
the bladder and tubing were taste-free. Wrong! Water tastes so bad I tend to
avoid drinking rather than sipping to keep hydrated.

Anyone out there got any tips on getting rid of the taste? I've tried
bicarb, a teaspoonful of bleach (both recommended by Camelbak), vinegar and
Steradent tablets (all separately... maybe I should have mixed them!). No
idea what to try next...

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Frank

Drop DACKS to reply

Old August 11th 04, 07:24 AM
Ro

"Plodder" CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM wrote:
I have a Camelbak Blowfish with the 3 litre bladder. The water tastes
strongly of plastic. I bought the thing largely because of the claims that the bladder and tubing were taste-free. Wrong! Water tastes so bad I tend to avoid drinking rather than sipping to keep hydrated.
Anyone out there got any tips on getting rid of the taste? I've tried
bicarb, a teaspoonful of bleach (both recommended by Camelbak), vinegar and Steradent tablets (all separately... maybe I should have mixed them!).
No idea what to try next...
Any suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Frank

I cured the plastic taste problem by filling with tap water and adding a few drops of Vanilla extract. I left it in for two days and then amptied it and rinsed thouroughly about six times, the taste was still there but very slightly. I did the same treatment again a week later and have never tasted plastic since,.
Hope this helps.
Ro
Old August 12th 04, 02:00 AM
Plodder

"Ro" wrote in message ...

[...]

Ta muchly... I'll try that.

Frank

cloride taste Peter Cole Techniques 46 September 7th 05 12:06 PM
Best Camelbak for road? Peter B UK 11 March 21st 05 08:15 PM
Camelbak reservoir stored in freezer - question. Paul Rose UK 11 February 26th 05 10:33 AM
Hydration and Camelbak whinds General 8 March 16th 04 02:11 AM
which Camelbak vs High Sierra water system Phil Schuman General 1 July 13th 03 02:24 PM