Fast Freddy breaks one hour World record on Easy Racer!

Old July 22nd 06, 07:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Fast Freddy breaks one hour World record on Easy Racer!

In between all of our Mayors' Ride excitement, I talked to Fast Freddy
Markham today and at just shy of the half century mark, he is still an
unbeatable bike racing force, Here's the story:

At approximately 6:20 am on July 2nd, 2006, 20 years after winning the
Dupont prize, Fast Freddy Markham set his 20th world record; winning the
prestigious Dempsey - MacCready Hour Record Prize. Fast Freddy covered a
distance of 53.43 miles in one hour, bettering the previous record by
over 1 mile. Fast Freddy and the Easy Racers team received the $18,000
prize for the fastest one hour in history. Over $40,000 was awarded to
the participants. It was a fantastic event and Fast Freddy proved to the
world that after more than 3 decades of racing hešs still a world class
athlete.

This important bit of news is at:
http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/...es/000103.html
And links from our highly trafficked bent web at:
http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents

And most importantly, it's at http://www.easyracers.com

Too awesome!

Martin Krieg "Awake Again" Author
http://www.BikeRoute.com/MKRIEG.HTML
'79 & '86 TransAmerica Bike Rides
2007 w/"How America Can Bike & Grow Rich"
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
NBG Founding Director, HiWheel Cyclist
Old July 22nd 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dave Larrington

Just one small point: that "Easy Racer" is a Varna.

Trees, once grown in large numbers, make perfect forests.
Old July 26th 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
In between all of our Mayors' Ride excitement, I talked to Fast Freddy
Markham today and at just shy of the half century mark, he is still an
unbeatable bike racing force, Here's the story:

At approximately 6:20 am on July 2nd, 2006, 20 years after winning the
Dupont prize, Fast Freddy Markham set his 20th world record; winning the
prestigious Dempsey - MacCready Hour Record Prize. Fast Freddy covered a
distance of 53.43 miles in one hour, bettering the previous record by
over 1 mile. Fast Freddy and the Easy Racers team received the $18,000
prize for the fastest one hour in history. Over $40,000 was awarded to
the participants. It was a fantastic event and Fast Freddy proved to the
world that after more than 3 decades of racing hešs still a world class
athlete.

Actually, what Fast Freddy has proved is that he is still one of this
world's supreme jerks. Recumbents can be fast or not, but the main thing is
that they have to be comfortable. The Easy Racers are so-so for comfort and
in my not so humble opinion not in he same league as the late lamentable
Vision. All this emphasis on speed is a distraction and should not have any
place in the world of recumbents. It is always the last refuge of
scoundrels.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old July 27th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Actually you proved you are still a world-class asshole. After
basically destroying the recumbent newsgroup single-handedly you
continue to berate and antagonize those whom you know nothing about. If
the world never heard another word from your mouth, it would be a
better place for it.

You make your momma sad. You disgrace your family lineage. I suggest
you seek professional help.

Old July 29th 06, 07:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
oups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS - NOR DOES HE EVEN INCLUDE ANY OF THE PREVIOUS
POST TO WHICH HE IS RESPONDING!

Actually you proved you are still a world-class asshole. After
basically destroying the recumbent newsgroup single-handedly you
continue to berate and antagonize those whom you know nothing about. If
the world never heard another word from your mouth, it would be a
better place for it.

You make your momma sad. You disgrace your family lineage. I suggest
you seek professional help.

Jeez, all of the above just because I do not like to read about how fast
some jerks are on their freaking recumbents. Is there not a racing newsgroup
where assholes like Fast Freddy can go and stroke other assholes like
himself about how fast they are. Why should us sane and sensible types be
bothered by the likes of them.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Craig Calfee's side of the story Craig Calfee Recumbent Biking 31 February 15th 04 09:21 PM
Unicyclist breaks world height record - Detroit News article Ken Fuchs Unicycling 31 February 10th 04 04:05 PM
New UK women's Hour = new IHPVA World record? Jeff Potter Recumbent Biking 4 October 20th 03 08:20 PM
LVM breaks hour record Tony Racing 198 October 12th 03 02:31 AM
WOW! New women's hour record set Willowbeauty UK 4 October 5th 03 09:52 PM