Taiwanese recumbents

Old June 30th 03, 09:40 PM
Randy Schulman

Default Taiwanese recumbents

Joshua Goldberg wrote:
Nice to see China Mascot is alive and well. They are quite affordable in
the under 10 unit class and a few Big Name Bent companies have brought
them into the USA (to sell as their own), but the deal killer was the
transportation costs are too high. One Texas based company paid more on
shipping than for 2 bents and I guess that made them think twice about
importing anymore. To get these bents to go mainstream you'd need to buy
in lots of 50 plus to balance out the shipping costs. The 3 PB Models
they had before were NOT lightweight bents either...adding to the
shipping cost. Get the bent down in weight and buy in lots of 20-50 and
you'd have a good bent to slap your company name on....who'd know?
"Ken Kobayashi" wrote in message news:AE-
ews:AE1-

I just noticed that China Mascot Products, a Taiwanese 'bent
manufacturer, announced some new models:

http://www.recumbent.com.tw/bents/mo...ww.recumbent.-
com.tw/bents/model.htm

The lowracer and the Hase Pino clone are new. The other models are
already available in Japan. The Pockey7 is going for 60,000 yen ($500)
and the TSUNAMI is sold as a frame kit for 50,000 ($420).

I'm sorry I don't know about the availability in the US. Does
anyone know?

Ken Kobayashi http://solarwww.mtk.nao-
.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/-
personal/

China Mascot fans,

I've just started a company, "ActionBent Recumbents", importing China
Mascot bikes to the US; they're here now; See www.ActionBent.com.[/url]
I brought in an initial shipment of 50 bikes. I'm in Redmond Washington.
China Mascot only OEM's; you've GOT to "slap your own name" on'em! My
URL is ]www.ActionBent.com. I've currently got three models; One is
their 'Tsunami', renamed the "Tidal Wave' (couldn't use the same name,
so I just translated it.)

The other two are versions of what I call "The Hurricane" (liked the
sea-weather theme) ; One is an above-steering version of their PB960
with two major upgrades: A 20" front wheel instead of their 16" wheel; I
think tiny wheels are deadly. The other major upgrade is upgrading from
21-speed SRAM 3.0 components to 24-speed SRAM 7.0, a very significant
improvement.

The third is the "Hurricane" with under-seat steering like the Tidal
Wave, but with SRAM 7.0 twist-shifters; Gets you a cool USS bike for way
cheaper than the Tidal Wave. (not even yet posted on the site )

My site has just gone up in the last couple of days, and I've got two
EBAY ads in as well.

I was too chicken to import their 'low-racers', and as for the 'Pocky
Seven', I thought Americans wouldn't go for a recumbent with just seven
speeds, even though I pretty much leave my front derailler in the
middle all the time ; would like feedback on this; I'm strictly a
COMFORT freek!

--
Randy Schulman
Founder and Big Wheel,

- - - -
Derek
Burley Canto, modified

Old June 30th 03, 11:44 PM
Joshua Goldberg

Weird seeing my post from last year (below).
Note: it might get a tad confusing using the Name "Hurricane" for one of
your China Mascot bents. Not sure about how legal it is either.
Challenge Recumbents makes a "Hurricane" model as well.
I looked at the www.actionbent.com website and was impressed with an OSS @
only $645.00....this should sell well. Bent riders can be a tough group to
please, but $645.00 will soften up even the most critical in our group.
Didn't China Mascot release a Titanium Frame a few months ago?

Oh and I almost forgot "Best of Luck" in your bent venture.
---------------------------------------

Old July 1st 03, 01:55 AM
Tom Sherman

Randy Schulman wrote:
The other two are versions of what I call "The Hurricane" (liked the
sea-weather theme) ; One is an above-steering version of their PB960
with two major upgrades: A 20" front wheel instead of their 16" wheel; I
think tiny wheels are deadly....

You have just alienated the entire ownership of ISO 305-mm/ISO 406-mm
wheel lowracers owners.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities
Red Sunset and Blue Dragonflyer

Old July 1st 03, 12:56 PM
rorschandt

Ken Kobayashi wrote in
:

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:44:15 -0400, "Joshua Goldberg"
wrote:
Note: it might get a tad confusing using the Name "Hurricane" for one of
your China Mascot bents. Not sure about how legal it is either.
Challenge Recumbents makes a "Hurricane" model as well.

Yeah I thought that too. I don't think "Typhoon" is taken.

Schwinn. If that matters now. "Storm" is fine, too. How about "Monsoon"?
"Deluge"? or "Pouring Down Like a Cow ****ing on a Flat Rock"? Sort of long
I guess...

Rorschandt
--
A HREF="mailto

Old July 1st 03, 01:38 PM
Joshua Goldberg

A good one in place of Hurricane might be the "SLASHER" a) because it
contains my middle name Asher (not Slash) and b) because it implies a
cutting action as in cutting through the wind. (not bad eh)
"rorschandt" wrote in message
30...
Ken Kobayashi wrote in
: