TIMES UP BICYCLE RIDE (NYC) AND COMMUNITY GARDENING BASH!!!

Old July 7th 04, 02:12 PM
*Because **NYC** Could Be BETTER!!

Default TIMES UP BICYCLE RIDE (NYC) AND COMMUNITY GARDENING BASH!!!

From: (TIME'S=A0UP!) Date: Wed, Jul 7, 2004, 4:48am
(EDT+4) To:

Subject: ::

UPCOMING TIME'S UP EVENTS ::

Please join Time's Up! for the following events and rides. Details
follow headlines below:
***************
***************
PROSPECT PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
9:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn Saturday, July 10
***************
***************
TIME'S UP! BROOKLYN COMMITTEE MEETING/PICNIC Sunday, July 11
meet 1:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect Park
***************
***************
RNC EVENT PLANNING MEETINGS
Sunday July 11
meet 5 p.m. at 49 Houston St. between Mott and Mulberry
***************
***************
TRAFFIC CALMING RIDE -- PROSPECT PARK
Prospect Park: Meet at the Grand Army Plaza entrance at 6:00 p.m.
Friday, July 16, 2004
***************
***************
CYCLONE RIDE
Friday, July 16
7 p.m. at the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge (additional meeting
spots listed below)
***************
***************
COMMUNITY GARDENING
Sunday, July 18, 2004
Starts at 1 p.m.
United We Stand Garden, 138th St and Cypress Ave, Bronx. (Closest
subway: 6 at Cypress Ave and 138th St. Garden by southwest corner in St.
Lukes Park.)

***************
***************

HERE ARE THE DETAILS:

***************
***************

PROSPECT PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
9:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn Saturday, July 10
Join us in a peaceful auto-free ride as we discover Prospect Park at
night. Totally safe bike guides front and rear, new ride leader: Coralee

***************
***************

TIME'S UP! BROOKLYN COMMITTEE MEETING/PICNIC Sunday, July 11
meet 1:00 p.m. at Grand Army Plaza entrance to Prospect Park, bring your
ideas and food to share. When people arrive we will be walking across
the loop rode for our picnic on the grass. If you don't see us call
Rich's cell phone: 718 938-9836. Meeting agenda will include:

1. rap up from the Nets Stadium rally

2. continuing the Moonlight ride.

3. new critical mass ride for Brooklyn

4. Prospect Park Traffic calming demonstrations which are going great
but we could use more help to continue this campaign, finances, lawyers,
p.r. people, promotions, etc.

5. other Brooklyn events.

***************
***************

RNC EVENT PLANNING MEETINGS
Sunday July 11
meet 5 p.m. at 49 Houston St. between Mott and Mulberry

Come join us for a planning meeting promoting positive sustainable
environmental events during the Republican National Convention. Possible
meeting agenda will include:

1. Bike national convention
2. welcome ride and RNC critical mass
3. fundraising events
4. bike bloc
5. indoor bicycle workshop space
6. ?

***************
***************

TRAFFIC CALMING RIDE -- PROSPECT PARK TOO! Prospect Park: Meet at the
Grand Army Plaza entrance at 6:00 p.m. Friday, July 16, 2004
This is a ride in Brooklyn's Prospect Park to help make park roads
auto-free.

We roll two by two in a single traffic lane around the southern Loop
Road. This is intended as a non-confrontational ride to slow down car
traffic during the hours the park is open to cars.
The ride lasts about one hour or until the start of the park's auto-free
hours.
***************
***************
CYCLONE RIDE
Friday, July 16
7 p.m. at the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge (southwest corner of
Chambers and Centre Street/Park Row)

OR

7:25 in Brooklyn at the Carroll St. Drawbridge (Carroll St. between
Nevins and Bond) OR

7:50 at the 69th Street Pier in Brooklyn at the Shore Parkway bicycle
path entrance (take 68th Street past Owl's Head Park and bear right).

The Cyclone Ride goes to Coney Island Amusement Park (Brooklyn) from
Manhattan. In July and August, we should get there just in time for
fireworks! This is a casual ride at a relaxed pace.

Bring locks as we plan to lock up and ride the rides. Bring money for
food and amusements, and a swimsuit if you plan to hit the waves. We
usually spend about an hour and a half in the park, on the beach (and in
the water!), on the boardwalk, and at Nathan's, and everyone has a GREAT
time! Some people return on the subway, and others ride.
***************
***************

=A0=A0COMMUNITY GARDENING
Sunday, July 18, 2004
Starts at 1 p.m.

United We Stand Garden, 138th St and Cypress Ave, Bronx. (Closest
subway: 6 at Cypress Ave and 138th St. Garden by southwest corner in St.
Lukes Park.)
Many of the gardens we have worked with in past seasons have been saved,
thanks to everyone lending a hand! In 2003

TIME'S UP! worked with Greenthumb to help community gardens on the
borderline for future development. In 2004 we are focusing on gardens in
the Bronx. This is a great opportunity for us to actively help make
these gardens permanent and have fun gardening. Please come
out--everyone is welcome.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D

TIME'S UP! is a direct-action environmental group that uses events and
educational programs to promote a safer, quieter, friendlier, and more
environmentally sustainable city. We're community-based, all-volunteer,
and non-profit. It's easy to help: Join! See
www.times-up.org or call
212-802-8222 for more information.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D
To unsubscribe from the Time's Up! list, reply to this email with the
word "unsubscribe" in the subject line. We promise we will stop sending
you email.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
The above message x-posted as a public service to the
community...x-poster cannot ride but she can garden..has flower bulbs
rescued available for such. pickup anyone?
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

(--BeTTeR LiVinG Thru BetteR LiVING !!----)

GABRIELLI WINERY & VINEYARDS OF MENDOCINO For The BIGGEST BOLDEST &
SASSIEST REDS:

Zany & ZaFTiG ZINFANDELS +++ Sassy SYRIAHs +++ SEXY Sangiovese +++
Piquant PINOT NOIRs:
http://www.gabrielli-winery.com

http://community.webtv.net/rosaphilia/h2Rosaphilias