For Chung and Asher

Old October 5th 11, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

Default For Chung and Asher

Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.
I thought it was the other way around.

It's a good thing I don't own a pickup truck or I'd
be out there road-raging on Brad right now.

Fredmaster Ben
Old October 5th 11, 12:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.
I thought it was the other way around.

It's a good thing I don't own a pickup truck or I'd
be out there road-raging on Brad right now.

Don't worry, according to Sarah Palin the earth is 6000 years old ergo
the Universe could not have been expanding for 14 billion years so they
must be wrong.
Old October 5th 11, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/10/2011 08:10, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Don't sweat it, you just have to come up with modified GR that allows neutrinos
to travel in excess of c and you'll be a shoo-in for next year's physics prize.
How hard can it be?

Old October 5th 11, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

atriage a écrit profondement:

| On 05/10/2011 08:10, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
| Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.
|

| Don't sweat it, you just have to come up with modified GR that allows
| neutrinos to travel in excess of c and you'll be a shoo-in for next
| year's physics prize. How hard can it be?

I read an article very recently about someone already having done that

Only a tad faster than C and not yet verified.

http://news.discovery.com/space/fast...ht-110922.html

But of course you knew already that einstein's theory was, let's say
very shaky - I have a video (or had) of a mathematical geezer explaining
it. (I'll try and dig it out later if/as/when I remember the name)

Now if someone could prove that an AU isn't around 150*10^6 (roughly)
what a topsy turvey universe would live in.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old October 5th 11, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Oct 5, 12:10*am, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. *The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.
I thought it was the other way around.

It's a good thing I don't own a pickup truck or I'd
be out there road-raging on Brad right now.

Fredmaster Ben

Don't bitch, at least you've got a scientific career at that level.
Me, just a lowly engineer. I've got two friends who are likely Nobel
winners (medicine and physics), they took a different path than guys
like me.

I'll be looking for your new truck.
Old October 5th 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Oct 5, 3:10*am, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
Today is the lowest point of my scientific career.

Someone I collaborate with - more accurately, I am
a minor collaborator of his, and data-flunky - got the
****ing Nobel Prize (not for anything I did, trust me).

That's not the bad part. *The bad part is that according
to the Times article, I'm two years older than him.
I thought it was the other way around.

It's a good thing I don't own a pickup truck or I'd
be out there road-raging on Brad right now.

It's never too early to start lying about your age. Or income. Or
what your bike cost. Or that you are a Rockefeller.

I met a guy 25 years ago who was banging a stripper that was a
roommate of the stripper I was banging, and that guy lied that he had
cancer to get pussy. It worked - go figure.

Old October 5th 11, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Davey Crockett wrote:
But of course you knew already that einstein's theory was, let's say
very shaky

Apart from having withstood almost a 100 years of experimental verification.
Old October 5th 11, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Brad Anders wrote:
I'll be looking for your new truck.

If he's got a new truck it means poor old SOTS had to pony up another
grant. Oh well at least its not a (Chinese) Hummer.
Old October 5th 11, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Simply Fred a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| But of course you knew already that einstein's theory was, let's say
| very shaky

| Apart from having withstood almost a 100 years of experimental verification.

http://azurservers.com:7080/rbr/blackholes.html

Save the file and play it

Old October 5th 11, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 05/10/2011 19:20, Davey Crockett wrote:
Simply Fred a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| But of course you knew already that einstein's theory was, let's say
| very shaky

| Apart from having withstood almost a 100 years of experimental verification.

http://azurservers.com:7080/rbr/blackholes.html

Save the file and play it

I tried to play that with 4 different players and they all said it was corrupt.

Haven't heard from Asher in a while... Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 7 July 28th 10 03:08 PM
Mr Chung Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 June 23rd 09 07:10 AM
Asher is Wrong As Usual Tom Kunich Racing 4 May 14th 07 07:54 AM
Asher is like SO Cool Tom Kunich Racing 15 March 26th 07 02:27 PM
Where's Asher When You Really Need Him? Tom Kunich Racing 39 March 17th 07 09:21 PM