Best electric recumbent combo?

Old June 4th 04, 09:14 AM
Slugger

Default Best electric recumbent combo?

What is the best electric recumbent combination?
Thanks for all responses.
Slugger
Old June 5th 04, 01:54 AM
Christopher Jordan

My favorite is a WizWheelz TerraTrike with a Currie motor. Runs like
new 3 years later, but I assist the motor with easy starts,
overpowering it and shutting it off, etc.

But that is only my preference, and it may not be someone elses.

That same kit is on an EZ-1 in a LBS. Might be more what you had in
mind. After all; what kind of nut rides a trike and cackles his fool
head off while spinning donuts on crushed gravel?

Chris Jordan
Santa Cruz, Ca.

Old June 5th 04, 03:07 AM
evsolutions

I could write a book on this one, no wait I am writing a book on this one.

Depends on all kinds of stuff like the road surfaces you ride most often
upon, head winds, climate, your weight, the weight of the bent, the type of
battery chemistry desired, small rolling hills or big honking hills,how many
watts of kinetic energy you will contribute to assist the motor and finally
your desired range with the speed you wish to maintain. Ideally you match
the bent and motor to the environment the driver (pilot) chooses to ride in.

Having chosen to spend the balance of my miserable existence prior to
shaking of this mortal coil devoted to electrofying bents and in particular
trikes, I would suggest using a Crystalyte Hub Motor in a 20 inch rear
tadpole or any 2 wheeler and pump 72 volts through it. You'll take most
hills and have a crusie speed of 45 mph on the flats...more if you pedal to
assist and a Mueller fairing and disc brakes cannot be optiona/

Joshua
www.evsolutions.net (shameless commercicial content)