Lemon LeWedge shim users?

Old March 25th 06, 04:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Lemon LeWedge shim users?

RoadCyclist Wrote:
"Andrew Price" wrote in message

A cyclist enquired -

is there anyone out there using LeWedge product from Lemond Fitness

?

Steve Hogg from Pedal Pushers in Sydney is using these as part of

his
fitting procedure.

Suggest you email him for feedback - contact through Cycling News at

-

http://www.cyclingnews.com/fitness/?id=default#qa

best, Andrew

thanks. Yes I knew that and I like all advice from Steve, he is right
on the
money. What I wanted is to hear from those who actually use something
like
this.

John Kennedy in Melbourne also stocks Le Wedge. I have just tried
using
folded A4 paper to simulate something like this under my shoe insole
(2-3mm
wedge) and the results were somewhat encouraging but only one 70km ride
so
far.

John has fiited some for me. I have one collapsed arch and was getting
some nerve compression and numbness on the other foot. The result has
been better comfort overall, it's interesting how my anke, knee and hip
were trying to compensate for the poor foot position. I still have some
foot numbness, but less than half as severe and only after much longer
rides. useful change for a couple of bucks.

--
ProfTournesol

Old March 27th 06, 04:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle

RoadCyclist wrote:

thank you all who replied.

I used LeWedges today on a 70km Beach Road ride (3mm on my 5mm shorter right
leg and 1mm on left leg). The right leg feels better with the wedges almost
immediately - feels more square, less twisting around on the saddle as right
leg drops down further, being a touch shorter. I tried 3mm and then reduced
to 2mm on the left leg but that put too much pressure on outside of the left
foot. But with a 1 mm wedge the left leg seems to be a bit better or at
least no worse. This is only the first ride so time will tell if these are
any good for me or not but I would not dismiss them outright as "le-wank".

Kennedy sells them for $6 per each 1 mm wedge (Shimano SPD-SL), quite
expensive for a piece of plastic but if it helps then it is a cheap
solution, IMO.

Good riding all.

Is your right leg shorter as determined by medical imaging, or just
shorter in stance? I got told one leg was shorter, but massage released
my hips and I discovered my legs were approx the same length, and just
one hip was tighter from doing all the work, it was pulled forward and
the other was extended, and as such the former appeared shorter.

Tam
Old March 27th 06, 05:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
I got told one leg was shorter, but massage released
my hips and I discovered my legs were approx the same length, and just
one hip was tighter from doing all the work, it was pulled forward and
the other was extended, and as such the former appeared shorter.ha!! I had a very similar experience.

A couple of years ago my right leg felt much shorter than the left,
mainly due to the feeling in my hammy, but only when I was on the bike
-- I didn't limp. I stretched the crap out of my hamstrings, but to
no avail, so I ended up with almost a 10mm shim!! It turned out that
stretching my quads and hip flexors corrected to problem much more so
than hammy stretching. I now have the same height LeWedge shimming on
both cleats.

--
531Aussie

Old March 27th 06, 06:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

531Aussie wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
I got told one leg was shorter, but massage released
my hips and I discovered my legs were approx the same length, and just
one hip was tighter from doing all the work, it was pulled forward and
the other was extended, and as such the former appeared shorter.ha!! I had a very similar experience.

A couple of years ago my right leg felt much shorter than the left,
mainly due to the feeling in my hammy, but only when I was on the bike
-- I didn't limp. I stretched the crap out of my hamstrings, but to
no avail, so I ended up with almost a 10mm shim!! It turned out that
stretching my quads and hip flexors corrected to problem much more so
than hammy stretching. I now have the same height LeWedge shimming on
both cleats.

Just another mystery of the human body... solved.

Tam

Bicyclists Are Clever And Innovative Garrison Hilliard General 8 April 24th 05 07:11 PM
Shim orientation with a 1" steerer Tom Wright Techniques 12 February 28th 05 04:30 AM
OT - Hotmail Users Read [email protected] Racing 4 October 2nd 04 09:53 PM
Soda Can Shim? daino149 Unicycling 11 January 6th 04 09:52 AM
front derailleur shim Robert Strickland Techniques 7 July 23rd 03 01:49 PM