reaching new heights of idiocy

Old September 17th 06, 10:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default reaching new heights of idiocy

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:09:17 +1000
monsterman wrote:
do you really ride in traffic listening to an ipod?

Yup.

On both bicycle and motorcycle. Have been doing so now for around umm..
4 and a bit years. (Was another MP3 player before I bought a ipod).

Problems with it? One. On one occasion on the motorcycle I didn't
have it positioned where I could easily turn it off and couldn't hear
the toll attendant's comment. I changed the position, problem solved.

I have no difficulties hearing vehicles, if I can hear it without, I
can hear it with. If I need to pay increased attention I do it, if I
need to pay a lot of increased attention (such as blasting down the
McCarr's creek road on a nice dry day) I turn it off.

Zebee
Old September 17th 06, 12:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave Hughes

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:15:20 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I have no difficulties hearing vehicles, if I can hear it without, I
can hear it with. If I need to pay increased attention I do it, if I
need to pay a lot of increased attention (such as blasting down the
McCarr's creek road on a nice dry day) I turn it off.

Now there's a piece of road that demands a nice loud, fast tune.
Admittedly my engine is somewhat smaller than yours, so I don't get into
as big a mess if I duff something, but that's a fun ride.

(The steep side of Akuna Bay is where I got my roadie's front wheel to
walk on about its 3rd ride. That was fun).

--
Dave Hughes |
We tend to view 'all publicity is good publicity' as a challenge
Old September 18th 06, 01:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Stuart Lamble

On 2006-09-15, TimC wrote:
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 at 22:55 GMT, Shane Stanley (aka Bruce)
Now explain your pronunciation of "route" ;-)

In computery type usage, it makes sense -- you can't say "rooter".

"rooter" == "utterly destroys packets".
"rowter" == "compels packets to flee in disarray".

Both work for me.