Coffee Club Riders.

Old August 7th 04, 12:35 PM
Brendan Jones

Default Coffee Club Riders.

Ok you Coffee Club Racers, I am interesting in joining in this fun.

But first, what speeds do you grade the riders .

( 1 ) What average speed would begginers be ?

( 2 ) Intermediate ( fairly fit ) ?

( 3 ) And Lance Armstrong Impersonators ?

Whats the 3 speeds that you would be required to keep up.

I can sit comfortably at about 28 to 30 kmh's an hour, for a ride of about
50km's what group would that put me in ?

Thankyou,
Brendan

Old August 7th 04, 04:16 PM
Michael Warner

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 21:35:00 +1000, Brendan Jones wrote:

I can sit comfortably at about 28 to 30 kmh's an hour, for a ride of about
50km's what group would that put me in ?

It depends a lot on the riders who make up the groups, the course, the
conditions etc. If you haven't ridden with a group before, start with the
slowest (which doesn't equate to beginners) so you can get the hang of it
without struggling to keep up, before moving up to one that pushes you.
As you move up the groups should become tighter and more disciplined,
so there's more to it than just speed.

If you tell the others that you're new to group riding they'll make
allowances for you and give you plenty of advice - there's a fair bit to
learn. Good cycling books or websites should also talk about the mechanics
of group cycling. You'll find that your 28-30km/h translates to 35-40km/h
in a group, which is part of what makes it fun :-)

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo
Old August 9th 04, 01:53 AM
jazmo

Brendan Jones Wrote:
Ok you Coffee Club Racers, I am interesting in joining in this fun.

But first, what speeds do you grade the riders .

( 1 ) What average speed would begginers be ?

( 2 ) Intermediate ( fairly fit ) ?

( 3 ) And Lance Armstrong Impersonators ?

Whats the 3 speeds that you would be required to keep up.

I can sit comfortably at about 28 to 30 kmh's an hour, for a ride of
about
50km's what group would that put me in ?

Thankyou,
Brendan

Brendan,

If you're talking Beach Rd, then you should just hook up with any bunch
and go with them. If you drop off the back, just keep riding and
eventually another bunch will more than likely catch up with you. Just
ride with them. At the speeds you're doing, you should be fine in most
bunches.

--
jazmo

Old August 9th 04, 02:35 AM
flyingdutch

jazmo Wrote:
Brendan,

If you're talking Beach Rd, then you should just hook up with any bunch
and go with them. If you drop off the back, just keep riding and
eventually another bunch will more than likely catch up with you. Just
ride with them. At the speeds you're doing, you should be fine in most
bunches.

yeah, pick a bunch. any bunch usually the bigger the faster cos their
the more organised club groups but not much fun to be on the tail of.
between 7-8am on a weekend morning you will see lots going by

--
flyingdutch

Old August 9th 04, 11:37 AM
NickZX6R

flyingdutch wrote:

jazmo Wrote:

Brendan,

If you're talking Beach Rd, then you should just hook up with any bunch
and go with them. If you drop off the back, just keep riding and
eventually another bunch will more than likely catch up with you. Just
ride with them. At the speeds you're doing, you should be fine in most
bunches.

yeah, pick a bunch. any bunch usually the bigger the faster cos their
the more organised club groups but not much fun to be on the tail of.
between 7-8am on a weekend morning you will see lots going by

But pay attention to how they ride before you follow too closely.
Not everyone who wears trade gear and rides and expensive bike can
actually ride well in a bunch.

--
Nick

Disc Jockey Bob Dumas Allegedly Advocates killing Bicycle Riders For Fun! Paul Tattaglia General 55 November 6th 03 06:04 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Tracking Riders jayseekay Racing 5 July 25th 03 12:44 AM
Bike Riders Under Assault In Cleveland John W Recumbent Biking 2 July 13th 03 02:20 AM